TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My door ajar light ISNT on, so I'm pretty sure its safley latched, but is there any way to fix this? It sticks about 1/4 an inch out..

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Open the door and lift up on it. If you can feel it move up and down, you need one or more new hinges. It is very common for them to wear out due to the weight of the doors.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I know with one of my older cars the striker/latch was loose and had actually shifted and caused my door to appear open as well. Just loosened the striker/catch on the door frame so it was "closer" to the car. Took care of the problem. Don't know if it would work on our cars or not, but might be worth a look-see.

·
Registered
267 Posts
they also have a plastic sheild on the strike for the lacth to catch ...replace the plastic sheild and should help too ...did it to mine on 94 tbird ...got a part at the zone from the help section..hope this helps

·
Registered
493 Posts
Super Coupe Preformance sells a rebuild kit for the lower hinge and it comes with the stricker parts that also need to be replaced. This keeps the door from rattling after the hinge is fixed.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i know that my striker is just about shot i have to tighten it about once a week is it something that you could tack weld into place or would that be bad?

·
Registered
493 Posts
You do not want to weld the door striker. If you can not do the work yourself go to a couple of autobody shops and get some quotes to have the door hinges fixed. Make sure you also tell them you need the striker hardware replaced. I did my hinges and strkers last fall it's usually the bottom hinge I don't know how bad your hinges are.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i found out today that my striker pin was bent..went to the sal yard and picked one up for $2 works beautifully

1 - 9 of 9 Posts