TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where i can buy downtubes for my 1991 Thunderbird Sport 5.0 HO? The current downtubes look like a major restriction..Thanks.. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
Your best bet is just to find a local exhaust shop and have them bend some up for you.

·
Registered
620 Posts
if you have stock manifolds or mn12 shorty headers then the supercoupe performance v-6 2.25 downtubes will mate rite up with no fab work
mike

·
Registered
620 Posts
hows ur downtubes going?
mike

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mike..I decided to hold off on any exhaust mods at the moment..Getting my truck in tip top shape first..She's still in storage anyway..but I am gonna keep what you told me in mind when i change up the exhaust..thanks again Mike..

Rayo..

·
Registered
620 Posts
ok,
the whole front section of my exhaust is for sale.from the shorty header all the way back and will connect to the stock rear section.
i am going to have to go with long tubes b4 i can get any further tuning done
mike

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Long tubes are definitely the way to go If you plan on some high horsepower in the future..For what I'm doing I'll stick with my shorties..I may be interested in just the downtubes..I'll let you know..

Rayo..

·
Registered
620 Posts
yea i have the old style headers with the seperate flange per cyl,and these are so worn the bolt holes dont line up and the tubes have expanded to the point the bolts wont even go in
mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts