TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a used DPFE pressure sensor from a wreecked 2004 mustang with 12k miles for $20.00 (I have check engine code P0401). The part number is F77E-9J460-AB. The dude at the junkyard said that this will fit many ford vehicles. This unit looks different than mine as mine is metal and the junk yard version is plastic. Anyone know the facts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I can get a used DPFE pressure sensor from a wreecked 2004 mustang with 12k miles for $20.00 (I have check engine code P0401). The part number is F77E-9J460-AB. The dude at the junkyard said that this will fit many ford vehicles. This unit looks different than mine as mine is metal and the junk yard version is plastic. Anyone know the facts?

Thanks!
Yeah, that crosses to an F77Z-9J460-AB, which is a DPFE-15 sensor. I would say it would work, because 1 Aftermarket sensor covers 94-97 Tbirds and by transitive thinking it should work. All DPFEs are pretty much similar in calibration, its more the hose layout. Your computer will learn the the sensor characteristic.

My 95 technically requires a DPFE-2, the 94 can use either a DPFE-2 or DPFE-15
(so much for 94s being identical to 95s!).

Even so, I'm using a DPFE-15 in my 95 with 2500 miles and no issues, and I checked it with a graphing scanner for functionality. The DPFE-15 came off the Explorer, and the Explorer got the old metal sensor(because its very easy to change if it breaks). So you see they are pretty interchangeable. The ex has no egr issues, and the two metal units had identical part #s.

All New DPFEs are plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts