TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here have experience running the new Nitto NT555R2 drag radial on the street? I've had good luck with the older NT555R, but haven't found anyone running the R2.

·
Super Moderator
13,652 Posts
Nope, they're new to me. I hadn't even heard of them until you mentioned them. I've run the 555 G2's and the NT05R's but not those. You'll have to let us know how you like them. The 555RII's look like a really good street tire with a little bit of a treadwear rating at 100 and a bit of tread to provided some traction in the wet.

Currently I'm running the Nitto 555G2's in the front and Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S tires in the back.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you like the M/Ts on the street? Are they OK in the rain?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hate to hijack but whats your thoughts on the G2s? Im planning on getting them all round for my 96.
I have the G2s on the front and like them. Good dry and wet, not too noisy, wearing well.

·
Super Moderator
13,652 Posts
How do you like the M/Ts on the street? Are they OK in the rain?
I like the M/Ts, they hook really well. I don't trust them in the rain. In a light rain you'd probably be OK, but if there's any amount of water on the road forget it. If you're looking for a good daily tire that you can drive in the rain with I wouldn't recommend them, there's just not enough tread there.

They also have a zero treadwear rating so don't expect many miles out of them. My car is a garage queen sunny days only car.

I may replace them with the 555R2's when it's time now that I know about them.

Hate to hijack but whats your thoughts on the G2s? Im planning on getting them all round for my 96.
The G2's are good tires. Chris Vining runs them on his car as well.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Trunk, thanks, that is the real world feedback that I need to make an informed choice.

BTW, I sent my questions to M/T Tech, and they responded this morning. They don't recommend the ET Street S/S for long distance use, and they don't recommend that it be used in the rain.

·
Super Moderator
13,652 Posts
Trunk, thanks, that is the real world feedback that I need to make an informed choice.

BTW, I sent my questions to M/T Tech, and they responded this morning. They don't recommend the ET Street S/S for long distance use, and they don't recommend that it be used in the rain.
You're welcome Mike. Let me know what you think of those Nitto 555 RII's. They look like a really good all around Street DR. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them for my car. I have also run the NT05R's in the past.

I was just looking at these RII's at the Nitto website and they say that the RII's are designed to be matched with the 555 G2's.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do. I ordered a pair yesterday, but won't get them mounted until the car returns from winter storage in late March / early April. I'm hoping to drive them to the Spring Meet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts