TCCoA Forums banner

drag wheels for hub swap

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  JeffTBird93 
#1 ·
I need some ideas for drag wheels (15 inch) that will work with a hub swapped tbird. The tires will be 27x10.5 and I prefer they stick out as little as possible. What wheels / backspacing / offset do I need? I thought I read that the 05+ wheels had a better offset?

#2 ·
Hi

What brakes do you have in the rear?

I run 15" explorer steel wheels over stock brakes.
both drum & hub swapped rear discs.

I run oval track. I know the problems of keeping with stock 15" wheels!

I have factory 94-95 rear disc set-up. redrilled hubs & rotors.

:wavey:

#5 ·
Do you have any pics of yours? I would like to see how they fit since thats essentially what I was looking at.

#4 ·
I have some 16x8 cobra r replicas. If you're interested. They have 28x11.5 bias ET streets. One wheel has alittle rash. You will have to get one tube and one tire tho as there is a cut in them. I would like 150 plus shipping. I could prolly set you up with another tire and tube before I ship it at an additional cost. The wheels are already drilled to lock the beads too.

They won't stick out of the fenders either.

#6 ·
I appreciate the offer but I am adament about keeping 15 inch wheels and 28 inch tall tires would kill my gearing. That tire would be overkill for my combination.

Tbirdtess,

I have the stock rear disk brakes. I would be running redrilled hubs and rotors.

#7 ·
Ditto on the Welds.
Drag lite 90's. 15 x 4 front, 15 x8 rear, 5.5 back spacing.
But you have to grind the calipers in order to not run a spacer.
I'm not endorseing these guys, but try RaceStarIndustries.com.
They say their wheels fit without grinding the caliper.
The onlypicture that is happening is my teeny, tiny avatar.
Tires, front, 185/80-15, rear, 275/50-15.
The rears stickout1/2 inch and dirty the car during a burnout.
Go with 255/60-15, 26"tall or 275/60-15, 28" tall.

#9 ·
I have thee I'd ell to ya for 100 bucks plu shipping. They have 26" tire on them now with alittle tread left, bias ET streets. They don't stick out to far maybe half inch. No grinding on anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.