TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do the rear toe & camber settings need to be for the drag strip with bf goodrich g-force drag tires

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
i would say slightly toe in and slight positive camber so when you launch hard the weight going towards the rear will straighten out the rear tires?

just a theory.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
how did you lower it and what brand of springs did you get? there is more than one type of spring setup that will affect ride quality. did you lower it so much you affected your camber? there is so much more for drag settings than lowering a car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know what brand they are, i got them used they lowred it 2in, we sat the camber back to 0, this is on street tires, i have a set of bf gr drag tires that i am going to run at the track have not been to the track yet. whats funny is it would not spin but maybe 2 feet before on the road now it will spin them about 3 car lenths or more, is it because that it was high in the back that the axles had a lot of angle on them that they were in more of a bind, the axles are close to level now

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The axle angle has nothing to do with it.

It spins more now cause the front end doesnt lift as much, and the weight isnt transferring as good.

I know it's not the same car, but my Supra used to have Eibachs on it, 1 1/2" lowered. Car did not hook great. Switched to stock springs, car hooks great now!

Lowering springs = good lateral grip, but no hook at the track. If you want to to hook, switch em back!

Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts