TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where the heck is the drain plug?!?!?!?!
I've looked all over, and can't find the drain plug. My friend has changed his oil before on his Chevy, and can't even find it on my car. It's usually changed by Wal-Mart or an auto shop, but I CAN'T FIND IT!!! Please help! Can't find any info.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The oil pan has the ford symbol and Automatic Overdrive, or something like that on it, cause I didn't see any on there. We did think that it was the oil pan, cause I hit it and it has fluid in it, but there was another dipstick going to it. But the one that has the dipstick going down to it, has a bolt, but it looks clean and we couldn't undo it.

The thing inbetween those, there's a piece with some grease/oil on it but there's only a nut, no bolt, and we couldn't undo that either, no matter how hard we tried. We tried anything, and nothing worked.

·
Administrator
8,694 Posts
Sounds like you're looking at the pan for the transmission, you won't find a plug there. Look a few feet further up towards the front of the car, you'll see the crossmember, the oil pan is right above it.

Joe

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we found it, it was just that there was no oil, and we weren't able to loosten it before. it came off, and oil shot out onto the grass :p friend isn't too happy about bare ground after grass'll die:D
thanks!

[email protected]
www.cardomain.com/id/93cougarxr7se

1 - 5 of 5 Posts