TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyones dream job?

Mine:

Working from home. I don't care what it is... just working from home. I would be able to wake up whenever, and I wouldn't EVER have to worry about business casual CRAP!!!! I am probably asking too much... but that is what I want to be able to do... one day. I just wish I could invent something, or think of something that will allow me to work at home.

-Kornhaus

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Mine would be designing, fabricating, and testing automotive mechanical and electrical systems. :D

And/or build automotive "systems" that utilizes the exact same components but in different configurations to serve different purposes. (for example the brake rotors are the same from a 60 mpg “commuter” all the way to a 1 ton truck.) :D

p.s. Did you receive the speedometer and check? :D

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
mine would have to be building/restoring old cars. i love old cars and building rods.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
As much as I love cars and computers, I'd have to say singing. Especially praise and worship and contemporary Christian stuff. Nothing makes me feel more complete than leading and joining with others in the worship of our Lord and Saviour. I don't know that I'd ever get a job doing that, so I guess building custom street rods and show cars.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
Mine would be designing, fabricating, and testing automotive mechanical and electrical systems. :D

And/or build automotive "systems" that utilizes the exact same components but in different configurations to serve different purposes. (for example the brake rotors are the same from a 60 mpg “commuter” all the way to a 1 ton truck.) :D

p.s. Did you receive the speedometer and check? :D
I have received your check and package. I have already repaired the speedo. I will test it out this weekend, and ship it back to you Monday. I will have to ship the speedo and cluster separately (which I think you already knew that was going to happen). So do not fret if you receive one of the packages before the other.

-Kornhaus

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
come on sir will you could be the next big christian rock star!

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
jk89cat said:
come on sir will you could be the next big christian rock star!
While I'd certainly love that, I'm not holding my breath. If God wants me there, He'll make the opportunity available to me. So far I have no leanings toward stardom.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Id love to have my great-uncles old fishing/hunting lodge.

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Be

Hugh Hefner

·
Registered
170 Posts
Like most test driving cars would be right up there. But I'd love to be able to build model ships for a living. I'm already pretty good, by no means a model master, and I love doing it. Though some of those pieces which are about 0.3mm wide kinda suck. :beek:

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Editor at Large for Road & Track magazine. Scratch that, I want to be Peter Egan.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
If I felt I had enough talent, I would love to be a Car designer.... not necessarily in the concept artist aspect of it, but certainly not just the engineering side either... ideally I would be in management, with some opportunity for hands on design work and power to decide what cars make it to the market.

I have sketched cars and machines in general for as long as I know... it is one of the few areas (other than debate and driving fast) that I have a passion for.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
I would have to say car customizer (something like Boyd Coddington, Chip Foose, etc.) That is my dream job.

Plus I could really play around the the cougar :D
I could do that^^^

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
I've always wanted to build custom cars. Pretty much anything involved with the automotive performance aftermarket would be a dream come true for me. Be it sound, visual or actual performance, I'd love it. My ultimate dream is to just flat out build cars from the ground up.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I want to be an architect who designs great buildings that will last through the ages. Most buildings built these days are only expected to last 50 years before they're torn down for something new.

·
Registered
162 Posts
:zwthstpd:

even though I know being an architect, you can't be stupid. :)

I feel the same way as Black_97, only the reason I want to change the landscape is to stop the uglyness that is todays warehouse design. There really has to be a better way to configure a shopping mall to make it look decent.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts