TCCoA Forums banner

Drilled out some rotors

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  supergordo 
#1 · (Edited)
My youngest son got busy yesterday and drilled out 8 rotors. 4 fronts 4rears. He and my oldest son are upgrading to the rear cobra brake rotors with David Dalkes relocation bracket. And doing the Cadillac ATS Brembo upgrade up front. A friend of mine had a guy at a machine shop make a redrill template for us. Worked very nicely.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice. I had the machine shop just drill my rotors straight up by bringing a hub in and saying - please drill the holes here.

Q: What did you use to actually poke the holes through the rotors?

My benchtop $35 HF drill press was just not in the same league in terms of torque that their massive drill press could do. What would take me way too many RPMs and bits to get through their press, they sliced through like butter.

#3 ·
We used a 1/2" center punch to put a dimple in the rotor. Then used a small center drill to drill a pilot hole. After that we used a high quality 1/2" drill bit to make the final hole. As for the tool we used a full sized Craftsman Drill press. I don't know the HP on that one. But other than being time consuming the job was easy. The drill press was more than adequate.

#5 ·
Well RaceCougar has done the mod. It isn't too expensive really. And the drilling isn't that big of a deal. If there is interest I can get the machine shop to make more of these drilling templates.

#6 ·
What would a pair cost?
I already have the relocation brackets.

#8 ·
Rotors. There are templates available. :)

#9 ·
well we could drill you some rotors. But all the rotors in the picture have cars to be installed on. I'd be happy to drill some rotors but the shipping cost is the expensive part. What do you think?

#10 ·
Yeah, that's the bad part, especially with my funds situation. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.