TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
eh, no.. Swapping the hubs on all four corners changes the bolt pattern to the same as the Mustang's 4.5" stud spacing. Hit up a search for mustang hub swap and you should find plenty of additional info and examples.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
I had my Mustang wheels redrilled 4 or 5 years ago. It’s plenty safe. All they did was elongate and expand the existing holes a little to accommodate the larger bolt pattern and the acorn type inserts they used to center the holes. You can kinda see the inserts behind the lug nuts in the pic below.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eh, no.. Swapping the hubs on all four corners changes the bolt pattern to the same as the Mustang's 4.5" stud spacing. Hit up a search for mustang hub swap and you should find plenty of additional info and examples.

Did a search, not really landing anything straight up, okay, you can change out the hubs, what about the rotors/drums? is it just a change to Mustang stuff or what?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had my Mustang wheels redrilled 4 or 5 years ago. It’s plenty safe. All they did was elongate and expand the existing holes a little to accommodate the larger bolt pattern and the acorn type inserts they used to center the holes. You can kinda see the inserts behind the lug nuts in the pic below.

You take yours to a machine shop? you also drilled the taper for the lug nut?

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
You take yours to a machine shop? you also drilled the taper for the lug nut?
Yeah, I took them to a machine shop that specialized in repairing and redrilling rims. I think it cost $45 per wheel. The inserts they used has the taper for the lug nuts, so they drilled the hole a little bit larger to allow the insert.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I am glad to see this is a viable option. Over ten years ago I took a set of alloy wheels with a GM pattern to a well known wheel shop to have it done the same way. When I asked for pricing on slotting the holes the guy looked at me like I was crazy and proceeded to try to sell me a new set of wheels. I see now that I wasn't crazy and he was just trying to make more money. (He lost the sale instead. :) )

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

"94-04 mustang front hubs, 94-04 mustang front rotors, 99 cobra rear hubs, redrilled tbird rear rotors or drums, and bearings and nuts should be replaced as well"

So the front calipers stock from the Bird? damn, and I just put new Ford rotors on..lol I like this swap, alot more wheels to look at with the 4.5 pattern Thanks for the threads!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Redrilling ain't a bad idea. Seems to be cheaper than the hub swap anyhow.
As long as you know for sure what wheels you want on your car. If you do the hub swap the wheel choices are practically limitless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts