TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Finally getting my 3.73's. So, I need to get a better drive shaft.

Anyone have anything for sale?

Can anyone recommend a good shop to get one built?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I'm going to be getting my 3.73's soon... I'm using (and will keep using) a one piece aluminum driveshaft from a 93 mark VIII.. only the 93 years had the one piece units though.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm getting conflicting stories about using the 93 (thru the search function). Did you have to do anything to yours?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Nope, just had it delivered by UPS and put it in.. probably should have put new U-joints put in since its a used item, but it was pretty low mileage so I didn't. Haven't had any problems, and its been up to 130 with the 3.27's. I don't plan on going that fast again however.... no driveshaft problems.... just can't handle the stress of seeing a car with those funny red lights!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a Mark VIII shaft locally today. Too bad it's from a 94!!!!!!!

Oh well, I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found and bought a 93 Mark VIII shaft.

Thanks for your help,

Rob

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
Nice car. You'll be hitting mid 13's without even trying with those gears. Time to up the stall with one of DirtyDog's Marauder TC's!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice car. You'll be hitting mid 13's without even trying with those gears. Time to up the stall with one of DirtyDog's Marauder TC's!
Thanks, I sure like it. I hope the gears make that big of a difference. Unfortunately, I'm not gonna change the TC until there is some other reason to pull the tranny or engine.

Depending on how the gears change things, I'm thinking I may have to put the 1-2 bottom spring back in.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Looks like our cars are pretty closely matched...
My 3.73's are going in this Sat. providing the builder gets them done on time. I'm having some folks come down from KC to assist in the installation, along with the Mark VIII LCA's. You're welcome to come on up and join us if you'd like.. probably be some grilling, some story telling, and some other fun to besides the work.

Once we both have the gears in our cars we'll have to meet up at MoKan (or Tulsa) and have some fun. :D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I've been checking on here every so often to see if/when a meet is set up, but I haven't seen anything in quite a while.

Thanks for the invite, but I think I'll have to pass this weekend as I might be putting my pumkin and DS in also.

I would be up for a Tulsa meet. I might be up to a MoKan meet if I knew where/what that is, lol.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL Sorry.. Mokan is a dragstrip right on the Missouri/Kansas border between Pittsburg and Joplin. They are small so you can get more runs in.

http://www.mokandragway.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts