TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are going to be towing my car to a shop that is pretty far away and we are going to use one of those two wheel dollies from UHAUL. Ok we are going to have to disconnect the drive shaft cause we will dragging the rear wheels the whole way. how exactly do you take it off. What tools would i need?

·
Registered
236 Posts
You would needs a 12mm box end wrench to remove the bolts. Make sure the rear end of the car is jacked up so you can turn the shaft to get to the bolts.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
box end wrench? never heard of that one. I have probably seen or used one but have never heard that name. Could you explain what that is exactly. Sorry if i sound stupid but where i am we call things by thier general names.

·
Registered
68 Posts
o----c

If this is a combination wrench then it would have both a closed/box and an open end. The open end is on the right, the closed/box is on the left. Basically just a standard 12mm wrench will suffice. Sorry about the crude visual but I think it gets the job done.

MOSES

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ok i see. Me and the people i work with refer to that tool as...a wrench. i see what you mean but i have never heard it called that before...hmmm.

·
Registered
773 Posts
You have all kinds of wrenches open end wrench both ends open, box end wrench both ends closed in 6 and 12 points and combo wrench one end open and one closed also in 6 and 12 points! the reason he told you a box end is that the bolts are 12mm 12 point that you would never get off with an open end wrench.
you also have ajustable jaw wrenches, flair nut wrenches, hex wrenches, pipe wrenches, ........

and i just hauled mine home a couple of weeks ago 90 miles with a dolley at 60 mph with the drive line hooked with tranny in netural. just drove the car today with the 5.0 swaped in it and the tranny works fine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts