TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 5.0 with an AOD. I'm wondering if anyone out there has bought a new Aluminum drive shaft and not a used Mark VIII one. You don't know what your going to geet buying a used on so i'd like to just buy a new one from a company like Denny's Drive shafts. How much did it cost, from where and do you have a part number. Thanks for your help.
Steve

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
I have a Dennys.....

I have a Dennys that I had in my Mark but it is going in my 96 T-Bird soon along with the 4:10s.I can get you the number in the morn.Great people to deal with.They are about 475 shipped.
Good Luck,
Chris

·
2,530 Posts
Heres that info on Dennys....

Dennys Driveshaft Service Inc.
1189 Military Road
Kenmore,New York 14217
Tech and Customer service 716-875-6640

My invoice said 450.95 for the shaft and 25 for the shipping for a total of 475.95.
You might want to call Dennis Reinhart also,he sells a Metal Matrix driveshaft which I think is equal to the Dennys.Dont quote me on that though.
Good Luck,
Chris

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I have heard the AOD is a different length so a Mark drive shaft is not a direct bolt in. I dunno for sure, can anyone comfirm this? I was told it needs shortened to work.

·
2,530 Posts
They do custom ones...

Dennys does custom driveshafts also.I was just using my Mark as am example.You probably would have to measure your driveshaft or call them.They may have done one before,who knows?
Good Luck on the remaining of your swap,
Chris

·
Registered
267 Posts
i thought the shafts for the mk8 was the same... get the once piece out of a 93 and get it high speed balanced and youll be well ahead of the game.

Dave

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The driveshafts in the 5.0 birds are shorter than the 4.6l birds, and shorter than the mk8 driveshaft

Call dennis reinhart about one

http://www.reinhartautomotive.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts