TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time yesterday when I put my window down it would stop, i could push it a little ways and it would go again. Sound like a regulator to everyone?

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Sounds to me like the plastic gear in the window lift motor has failed. Easy repair. Don't rely on manual assist on the window for too long. Before I got the replacement motor I used a GPS mounting bracket w/ suction cup to manually help the window up/down when the motor gear hit a bald spot. Check the operation after replacing the motor but before putting everything back together, I bought some Motorcraft window motors on Rockauto that were wired backwards and returned them.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so an update, window started functioning perfectly for about a week then this morning when i left (window wet with dew) started having the same issue again. Beginning to wonder if I have a bad switch.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Do you hear a spinning noise when it gets stuck?

If so, it is the plastic gear inside the motor. It is pretty common on a high mileage car. Don't remember the exact name, but I think they called it a regulator gear kit. I got mine at Advance, like $8.

It is a tedious job, just a little time consuming. You reach in thru the speaker hole to access everything. Then take the motor apart and clean out all the little pieces. Put in the new gears, which fit tight, and grease it all up.

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts