TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drivers side window rides over the felt rubber window molding on the outside. It always rides over it about halfway. The original molding on this car was worn to death! I transfered a better condition felt and rubber guide from another Tbird. It worked for a little while and now is riding over it at the halfway point all over again! Help!

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
i think i might know what you mean. my window, at around the 1/2 way point would fall out of the window track. i bought a new window track and we are golen. it was badly rusted inside the rubber.

(the window track is the rubber moulding that goes around the window on the outside of the door. it looks like a rubber frame.)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think its wierd that I have never had this problem with my 94 but immediately had it on the 97. The window trim on both was less than mint. I swapped window trims with the 94. The 94 still worked ok but not as good. About a few days later the 97 was up to its old tricks again.:mad:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I had the same problem with my 94. I ended up replacing the window regulator. I bought one from a wrecking yard for $30 shipped. Changed out the motor, and reformed the channel. So far, so good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts