TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last summer was my first shot at the local dragstrip. i have most of the bolt-ons, and i had alot of trouble controlling my wheelspin off the line. this spring i plan on a 3.73 pumkin, TC, and a driveshaft from dennis. these seem to be the next step in improving those times. that, and practice anyway.

i did a search on some drag slicks and JL spoke well of the hoosiers quicktime's. im sure they would give me a big hand up. after the upgrades listed above, what kind of risk is there of breaking a halfshaft? ive searched that too, and see that raxles is making them again. should i invest into the axles or the slicks? with everything else, the line has to be drawn between one or the other, for now anyway:D

anybody running slicks with stock components?

thanks

ty

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Since you're still running the automatic, you should be fine for quite some time. Its the shock of dropping the clutch in a manual car that'll break the halfshafts, unless you have a freak accident like RaceCougar did.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks joe

i didnt think there would be much of a problem, but i tend to weigh my risks on the safe side. i have a line on some used slicks now, and ill try them first. raxles next spring if they still make them then. or maybe i should get them now just in case, hmm....

man, this happens every spring

ty

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
I would say that your halfshafts should be fine. The one that I broke was a V6 halfshaft, which is an overall weaker design than the V8 and SC halfshafts.

-Rod

1 - 4 of 4 Posts