TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brake lights come on, the turn signals work, so do hazards. but when the headlamps are on, the lights, running lights whatever dont come one at night. only when i used the brakes.

i am not sure why.
i checked the bulbs, changed em out, looked at fuses, nothing wrong, so loose wires.

maybe the switch, bu which switch?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Merlon said:
brake lights come on, the turn signals work, so do hazards. but when the headlamps are on, the lights, running lights whatever dont come one at night. only when i used the brakes.

i am not sure why.
i checked the bulbs, changed em out, looked at fuses, nothing wrong, so loose wires.

maybe the switch, bu which switch?
Check your ground wires

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
theres like three different grounds in there

but they were good, turned out the tag lights were burned out, and the led apc light i had in there before burned my rr/pk lps 10a fuse

freaking apc, i used nightshades so i needed brighter bulbs, they only got me ticketed twice.

once for not visable, and once for no running lights

·
Registered
267 Posts
i had a 90 tbird and the dimmer switch was weird> turn it to dim and it dimmed the outside back running lights turn it to bright it lit the lights in the back to bright > i found out after being stopped by the police going to work...i would test that to see if it helps not sure why it was wired that way?????

·
Registered
825 Posts
C F I FLY said:
i had a 90 tbird and the dimmer switch was weird> turn it to dim and it dimmed the outside back running lights turn it to bright it lit the lights in the back to bright > i found out after being stopped by the police going to work...i would test that to see if it helps not sure why it was wired that way?????
i knew a guy that had a 89ish f150 that did that turns out he wiered hid cd player wrong that will learn him for not buying the wire harness:cool:

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
C F I FLY said:
Sounds like somebody did a hack job on some custom wiring, a plug/wire was shorting out, etc

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Falcon5783 said:
Sounds like somebody did a hack job on some custom wiring, a plug/wire was shorting out, etc
A bad multifunction switch can do the same thing.
JL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts