TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently the homepage drop down menus on the site stopped working for me on Firefox. I've noted this problem on both my laptop and desktop.

I've tried temporarily disabling the script blocking that I use (which never caused a problem before) and this didn't fix the problem.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
I've been having weird problems with the site on Firefox on one of my machines lately as well. Images don't load, the chatbox doesn't load, the "quick reply" button doesn't work, and a few other formatting quirks. I have caching disabled and I just upgraded as well, so I'm not sure what the issue is since I know it's a machine specific issue. But since I have 30-some-odd computers to access the site from, I just use a different computer. :D

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
Add Verticalscope into the allowed category, and it should work.

I saw this last week.

I have six things enabled in noscript to make things work, but don't see anything annoying. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
Add Verticalscope into the allowed category, and it should work.

I saw this last week.
Bingo. Strange how ABP on one system blocked it, all the others didn't care. :zdunno:

·
Super Moderator
12,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On my Firefox browser:

I tried allowing verticalscope ... no dice.

I tried temporarily allowing all scripts for TCCoA ... no dice.

The drop downs work fine with IE11 (with no plugins) but not FF???

I tend to believe there's some other issue going on ... just what that is remains to be seen. ???

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
What's listed in RequestPolicy?

·
Super Moderator
12,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where is the RequestPolicy? How do I check it?

The drop down menus worked briefly this morning after restarting my laptop and then when I clicked over to this thread they stopped working again.

Mystery of mysteries ... ???

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
RequestPolicy is an add in; it's a red flag icon in FF.

If you click it, it will show what you've whitelisted in green.

It's similar to Noscript, but work on different stuff. :)

I thought you mentioned it previously, ICBW.

Looking at the hover-over links for the menus, it looks like it's part of the basic javascript or whatever that runs the site. :zdunno:

·
Super Moderator
12,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Grog. No I hadn't mentioned it. Thanks for the heads up. I'll go ahead and install it. Which version are you using or do you recommend? I see there's a beta version available.

I'm on vacation right now but I'll look more closely at this later this weekend. Thanks so much for your help.

Here's the beta version:

https://requestpolicycontinued.github.io/

·
Super Moderator
12,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I figured it out.

I switched from Adblock Plus (ABP) to uBlock Origin and voila my drop downs on TCCoA are working again.

There must have been an ABP update that interfered with the the code?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts