TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God it was nice. The paint was a pearl color(color of Lonnie's Mark) and had no dings, no scratches, no chips on the hood, no nothing. The interior was immaculate as well. The leather was in mint condition, no cracks or even visible wear at all. The ONLY wear I saw anywhere in the interior was on the divers door grab handle - it was (very) slightly worn. And the engine was great! I pulled nice and hard all the way to the redline. The trans seemed strong, too. The shifts were as quick as they can be from a "grandpa" car. There was no shudder, heistation or anything. Overall the car was in absolutely perfect condition.

Now, I actually might be considering selling the Bird to get this car. It seems pretty well loaded. I don't know exactly what comes stock on a Mark, but heres a list of what I can see it had: trip computer, moonroof, traction control, 10 disc CD changer, leather, full power seats, and it had the car phone. What other options were there for the Marks? It also had brand new Continental Touring tires. It has 109,4xx miles on it and was being sold for 5,990, although the dealer said this might be negotiable. Is this a good price for a car like this? Thanks for any input.

·
8,239 Posts
i would look on ebay to get a guage as to what these cars are going for at the low end of the price scale. I would also check out kbb.com and make an educated decision.

JH

·
Registered
366 Posts
if it puts it into perspective.

I paid $6000 +tax for my 95 eldorado ETC ( touring coupe... comperable to LSC)

103,000k miles... fully loaded.

comperable cars... only mine is FWD... but its a luxury car perspective.

only my interior is looking its milage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That mark was pretty much loaded. The only options (I think) are the sunroof, phone, and traction control. If you are going to buy it watch out for the air ride. That is the only reason Im thinking about getting a bird over a mark. The air bags go out at about 100,000 miles. Usually after the bags go out the compresser and sometimes the struts follow shortly. The air suspension is very costly to fix. Check out WWW.MarkVIII.org, they will be able to awnser any questions you could have.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I paid a little over $5k delivered to my door for my '93 Mark w/ 78k in December. If it's a grandpa car then I guess you can call me pops or I've been driving a V6 too long. ;) A new MAF, a little exhaust work, J-mod/accumulators, and a chip and you're in business.

Check http://www.markviii.org/cal/faq.htm and keep these things in mind as you negotiate with the dealer. As Mike123... said the air suspension is a "problem" parts aren't cheap, I paid a little over $400 for the 2 rear bags from 5 star less than 2 months ago and the fronts are in that range. Took me all of 3 hours to change the rear bags in the driveway and I'm old and slow. The compressor is usually ok unless you neglect leaky bags and run it to death. Bluecollar Ind. sells a spider valve now that is advertised to remove moisture and that should help life spans quite a bit. I never thought I'd like another car better than my 'Bird but the Mark changed that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks for all the info and the heads up on the air bags.

Hell I'm 19 and I want a Mark like none other, so call me gramps from now on. :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is an absolute stunning 1997 mark 8 with 79,000 miles for sale at a used dealership!! It is selling for $8900 which i think is way underpriced. I got in it and the interior is in perfect conditions, i fell in love with this car. Unfortunately i cant affort it right now!!:(

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts

I paid $10K for my '98 with 60K on the ticker. It's in perfect shape and soon to be screwed twice. The only real issue's with the Gen 2's is the blend door arm breaks and the door handles have a tendency to fall off. Right now I have the 18's off the Cougar on the Mark just for Kicks.

-Scott

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I'd keep looking if I were you... 6K seems a little steep for a higher milage car, even if it is a mark. I've seen some pretty good deals around here on them lately... Good luck with whatever you decide to do, bro.

-Steve

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the input, guys. As nice as it was, I might keep on lookin.

Thanks again, everyone. You all are the reason these boards are so great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts