TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you 4r70w guys have the option of upgrading to a 93 mark viii one piece aluminum DS for a good price

but what about us AOD guys??
is there an aluminum DS from another model that can fit without having to go aftermarket??
I was looking that the E Series vans, they have a aluminum DS as well and have a aod tranny as well..
does anyone know the length on this DS and if this would work??

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
I have heard that the aluminum one piece mark VIII DS will work on our AOD cars with a tight fit.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
really? I didn't know this
the DS size for our AOD's is 57 7/8 inches
the DS size for 4r70w's is 57

the mark viii DS is actually smaller than ours...

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
Hmmm...maybe I was misinformed.

JTurmel got a DS from Dennis for his 5.0 T-bird, but he is running a 4R70W in his car.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JTurmel got a DS from Dennis for his 5.0 T-bird, but he is running a 4R70W in his car.
yeah thats why he has a mark viii DS

i was thinking of buying an econoline van DS, since they are all aluminum and are from an aod, cut it and balance it for our use, what do you think??

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
Is the diameter of the E series gonna be an issue? Otherwise, I say go for it as long as you get it balanced.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gonna wait till my pops gets home, he has an econoline he uses for work, i'll take measurements and let you know, unless i can find them on somewhere, i'll keep you posted

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
WWW.BROOKLINEMACHINE.COM

$400, all aluminum, Spicer Joints, It was done in 3 days, made from scratch.

Tell them what size you need, and they will do it up.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
mn12xr7 said:
yeah thats why he has a mark viii DS
Is that right?

I figured out what size I needed and ordered according to that, it was 1448mm (~57", which is same as 3.8 N/A and SC), I believe the Mark VIII shaft needs to be cut down shorter when used in 3.8 applications so that means I did not order a Mark VIII shaft.

Figure out what size you need then call up Dynotech. I do not recoomend using Dennis Reinhart, getting my driveshaft through him was a huge ordeal I would not want anyone to go through.

-J

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
woops! i misunderstood I thought 91hellcat had said that you did, but i just read his reply wrong, my mistake

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The rear of the 3.8 and 5.0 blocks end up in the same spot, so if you want a shaft for a 5.0 AOD it is the same as the 3.8 AOD, and if you want one for a 5.0 4R70W then it is the same as the 3.8 4R70W.

-J

1 - 12 of 12 Posts