TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
A while ago I asked people here and at a few Mustang sites and everyone had good things to say about them.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
They are good. Just look at the $1999 one real close. It comes with stock rods. they say they are race prepped, whatever that means. I think it would be better to save a little longer and spring and extra $1000 for the one with a Windsor block and forged rods. Another company to look at is Livernois. They also make very nice engine at good prices. They are the ones created the 5 liter modular. Wait a little longer and they will come out with the 5.9 (359ci) liter modular.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I plan on having my shortblock done before i spend 2000 dollars. I already have a new block, forged cobra crank, and new eagle h beam rods. all i spent on that was $775. now all i need is pistons and rings and some machine work and some arp main bolts, bearings and a girdle and i'm set. girdle's about 150, pistons i can g et for 400 bolts are probably around 150, bearings about 100 that's 1575 dollars invested. add a few hundred for machinework and i'll still be close to or under 2000 dollars and have a fully forged assembly, ready for my car.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I know some guys that run big HP on their DSS shortblocks, but they are 302s, 331's and 347's. I'm sure their 4.6's would be the same quality, but spend the extra money for some better rods. Raced prep stock rods are still weak stock rods.

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys.

Those last couple posts really helped me out. I will start buying parts over the winter, and get all the parts together for a local machine shop to put it together for me.

JH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts