TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about putting an exhaust system on my cougar and I was wondering what I can put on it. Is it possible to make it not sound like a rice burner piece of crap?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Most will bet against you when it comes to "rice burner piece of crap" sound... On a sixer i would probably leave the exhaust alone as their is little to be gained as far as power, or get a relatively quiet exhaust. Even the v8 MN12's sometimes have a crackly, barlbly sound, that i blame mostly on the fact that our pipes must be bent every which way to get around the gas tank...

It's your car so you can do whatever you want with it, but in my opinion the 3.8's just plain ol don't sound good...

·
Super Moderator
7,693 Posts
Whatever you do, don't put a mid-mounted flowmaster on it. I have that on my 89, and it sounds like complete garbage and I can't wait to get it out of there.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
i have dual 40 flows mounted at the rear off of a y-pipe. resonator/cats removed. sounds good at idle and up to about 2900rpm. crap after that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sorry if this is a highjack but would you need an X pipe in place of the rez or wouldnt it matter?

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
i have no x pipe. why would it matter?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice. I'm probably just going do leave the exhaust alone. I will just have to live with the fact its a V6 not a V8 like I want. :(

·
Registered
958 Posts
my exhaust is (see sig.). it is not a v8 sound but definitly not ricey! i do need to put a x-pipe in then it would sound even better. may only be a v6 but now my exhaust is already done for my carbed 5.0 swap!

·
Registered
958 Posts
hey cougars4life07............where in illinois are you??? i'm in edwardsville (home of the southern illinois university edwardsville cougars!!!!!!!!!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts