TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a Borla Cat-Back Stainless Exhaust for a v8 fit a v6 with any kind of modifications

·
Registered
233 Posts
Those are pricey, and I am 95% sure they do not fit. MN12's do not share many parts with stangs. My recommendations for your exhaust system are :

1. Exhaust manifolds from a 96/97 MN12
2. Custom exhaust piping (no larger than 2 1/2 inches)
3. Porting exhaust side of cylinder heads/ polish intake side.

That should give your 3.8 some more GO! Be sure to mod brakes and suspension accordingly, so you do not get out of control :)

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
I think it is for a MN-12

but I dont know about the fitment differences. If its from the 3rd cat back, I dont see why it wouldnt work

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
Hey Roy.....what the **** are you talking about? Lol....he asked if a v8 tbird system would fit a v6 tbird....there was no mention of a stang...well then the answer is yes, if they are from the same years in order to fit around the corresponding fuel tank.

Kyle

·
Registered
233 Posts
My error. I have been up way too long:zdunno: I'll second stupid fly's post. Fitting around the fuel tank is probably going to be the biggest issue. Might as well get custom piping done.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
brokenmachines_e2 said:
Or get the newer tank.
He's got a 92 LX which means no need to get a newer gas tank since he has the better of the two.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Didn't they switch tanks in '93? :confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
uh, i dont think i got a lx, it doesnt say lx on the back by the name...any other ways of knowing

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
how many gauges do you have in your cluster. Do you have a tachometer or volt meter? Sounds like you have a base bird.

I can sell a new style gas tank for anyone who needs one.

-Thomas

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mines a base bird, it dont have volts or tach, but will the v8 kit fit the v6? birds

and will the gauges from a 92 sport fit a base bird

·
8,978 Posts
You can get any 89-95 gauge cluster from an LX and hook it up. Melon will have to clarify as to the ease of it. But it's possible and you can find one pretty easily in a junk yard. Doesn't have to be from a sport.

I'd look for a catback system from a 92-93 v8 LX. I don't know if the 95-97's would fit, they might. But just to be safe get one for a 92-93. They're not hard to come by.

-Thomas

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thomas: You have a new style gas tank for sale?

·
8,978 Posts
Oh you want it? I can get it shipped here in a week or so. I have a connection. :D
-Thomas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts