TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local muffler shop won't make the bends and won't touch the car the way I want them to under penalty of $10,000. Anyone have any design specs for duals with an x-pipe in place of the 3rd cat?

·
TCCoA Preferred Vendor
124 Posts
go to my website there are pictures of the system i make and sell. you can take pics to the exhaust shop and ask them to copy it. if they want more then 550 to bend it up then they want to much just give me a call in that case. www.speedfreak.cc

·
Registered
4 Posts
I built a custom 'cut and weld' 2.5" cat back dual exhaust system w/ 'X' pipe, and installed Edelbrock RPM series stainless steel mufflers under the car for about $400.00. The tailpipes currently stop just behind the differential, I ran out of 180 degree mandrel bends. Car sounds very good, with only a small amount of interior resonance at 45-55 mph. I think this will change when I get the tailpipes figured out and fabbed.

I also picked up a couple of 2.5" in / out Catco cats, and will be doing the 2.5" cat-forward change out sometime this summer. (The stock downpipes are less than 2" OD after the stock cats.) Picked up the cats at the July summer sale at Summit Racing - $49.00 each, plus I'm going to install a set of shorty 4.6 headers - (JBA knockoffs)

I put the 'X' pipe after the mufflers, which tuck under the car right in the wide part of the center tunnel, at the rear of the transmission, and it really changed the cars sound..... kind of similar to a built 4.6 mustang with the Borla exhaust - "Growls" under hard accelleration.

I have to get the car up on the lift for some other work... I'll try to take some pics.

·
Registered
926 Posts
blk mk8 said:
go to my website there are pictures of the system i make and sell. you can take pics to the exhaust shop and ask them to copy it. if they want more then 550 to bend it up then they want to much just give me a call in that case. www.speedfreak.cc
Hey is there any way you would sell the kit without mufflers??

·
TCCoA Preferred Vendor
124 Posts
i have a new price list in excel if you want drop me a email and i will send it to you. all systems now come with out mufflers. Cats, mufflers and SS are optional, i did this because many already had mufflers or felt they could buy them cheaper. my muffler prices are very good but hey Ebay give every one a run for there money.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Ill Email you right now:), yeah I want to keep my existing muflers, but also I bought cats off my friend for 30.00 , how hard will it be to install them with your downpipe??

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had the same problem no shop wanted to touch the cars exhaust. So I bought the Art system and love it. It sounds great, I highly recommend it. Look for a small father-son shop to do the exhaust install. Thats what I did and it cost me $160 and 3hrs to install. The big muffler shops won't do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts