TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the oil filter adapter have to be swapped over because our cars don't have an oil cooler and the PI engine did? Reason I ask, is because I was wondering about maybe adding an oil cooler to the car. Haven't seen much on this and yes, I searched. I was just starting to piece everything together and had this thought.

·
Super Moderator
16,751 Posts
PI engine doesn't mean Police Interceptor. Those are the only 2V 4.6s that have oil coolers. Mustang GTs and such use the exact same filter adapter as these cars do

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was referring to the explorer engine swap article. So I was just wondering how beneficial of a conversion it would be. Thanks though.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Only the CVPI (Police Interceptors) have the oil cooler. The PI (Performance Improved) engine from an Explorer (or Mustang) won't have one.

The Explorer oil filter adapter is different from ours because the hose is at a different angle. You can reuse the existing one off your 4.6.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I just got a 97 GT and to my surprise, it has the sandwich type stock oil cooler setup. I found this thread to determine if Crown Vic and the like non-cooler adapters would work on the mustang. Looks like it will be fine. I wouldnt bother with the cooler delete except that I have to pull it all off anyway to change the adapter to block gasket. Off to pick n pull!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts