TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys,
Its time for my weekly dumb question. I was wondering about our intakes. I know there was a recall due to cracking, and Ford replaced them with a "better" model. My question is concerning the Aluminum Crossover. Is that actually a part OF the new manifold or is that a seperate part by itself? I still have my 95 intake, and I wanted to upgrade to the plastic one but I am afraid to buy one until I know something about them. Basically my question is- If I were to buy an intake that was after the recall, should it have the aluminum crossover??

Pappy

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
I do beleive that the latest revision of the 96-98 4.6L manifold has the aluminum crossover. Dan Newmann should be able to tell you exactly.

joseph

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Yes, the newest version of the manifold has the cross over. My manifold fragged last month and the parts guy at the local dealership said they don't even make the original manifold (all composite) anymore and that they would replace it, free of charge under the recall, with the new part. There might be some old ones still in some parts warehouses, but just make sure you get one with part number F8AE-6494-CA. Those are the new style manifolds with the aluminum cross over.

Pete

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, Thanks for clearing that up for me guys!! I ran across a new one at the Pomona swap meet, still in the box, for 100 bucks and I passed it up because I thought that only the 99 and newer ones had the aluminum crossover. Now I could kick myself for letting it go. Now I know!!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
That very well might have been a PI intake that you passed up. a couple people on here have made the mistake of buying a PI intake.

Here are the part numbers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts