TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So, you're driving down the road, you see this in the road, you swerve and go into the other lane and kill a family minding their own business.

Or, fool me once and the next time I'll ignore something in the road and low and behold it's not a fake.

If you as a private citizen did something this stupid, you'd be in big trouble and rightfully so.

Click Here

·
Super Moderator
17,155 Posts
i think if i was to ever see that i'd do a big smokey burnout over it to "paint" it black again lol

i mean really, not only do i have to sit through those ads on tv saying not wearing a seatbelt is like drinking and driving, now they are trying to trick us into a head on collision or slamming on the brakes and getting rearended. i've said it before and i'll say it again politicians can go **** themselves.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
That's a lawsuite waiting to happen. I don't even want to think about the injuries it will cause.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If I saw that I'd probably swerve to avoid my tires getting slashed...lol

·
Banned
21 Posts
So, you're driving down the road, you see this in the road, you swerve and go into the other lane and kill a family minding their own business.
when people see real speed bumps they don't freak out and swerve into oncoming traffic. why would they freak out upon seeing a fake one? why wouldn't they just slow down? :confused:

when you see an inflatable cop sitting in a parked cruiser do you flip out and run for it even though you've done nothing wrong? :D

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when people see real speed bumps they don't freak out and swerve into oncoming traffic. why would they freak out upon seeing a fake one? why wouldn't they just slow down? :confused:
Real speed bumps usually have warning signs and don't look like debris in the roadway. What about when you come upon a real speed bump but assume it's a fake because they're all over the place and you ignore it and loose control of your vehicle because you ran over it too fast ignoring the warnings?

Around where I live, they don't need speed bumps. They just never fix the roads and people can't drive anywhere near the speed limit.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Instead of using technology to trick people into obeying the law; why not enforce the laws and punish the offenders severely enough that they won't do it again. :zbash:

I would bet that if 100% of the people that were speeding received tickets for lets say $400, they would slow down. If they didn't, their second offense would be $800, third offense, drivers' license suspension, fourth offense jail time.... If you can’t play by the rules, you’re taken out of the game (called society). :D

And the law abiding citizens wouldn't have to worry about some silly optical illusion. I know this is a novel concept to actually punish the people that BREAK THE LAW, but I think it would work. Nobody forces anybody to speed. If you’re willing to play, you have to be willing to pay. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
21 Posts
during these hard financial times cops should have better things to do with their time then writing tickets. besides that speed bumps and rumble strips are a very effective traffic control device that eliminates the need for an officer to write all of those tickets.

you have no choice but to obey a speed bump.

granted illusionary speed bumps are kind of cheesy and this Japanese company needs to make them look like US traffic control devices, but they could be useful in some circumstances. they can be used as a reminder to make people think and pay attention to their speed in places where a real spped bump may not be practical. if your getting on the brakes when seeing a speed bump it's because you were going too fast. slow down. you don'y have the luxury of assuming it's fake and if you do your a dumb twit. lol

I didn't seem them being a risk to public safety though.

·
Registered
381 Posts
lol, i have a choice to not obey speed bumps, but then i learned my lesson after hitting one going 40mph. now front bumper is cracked, and back tail pipe is bent. small speed bumps dont do much for me though, i really dont slow down for them.

·
Banned
21 Posts
small speed bumps dont do much for me though, i really dont slow down for them.
yea that's why your car is all messed up. :rolleyes:

but unlike you most drivers care about beating the crap out of their car and their kidneys. speed bumps are a much more cost effective solution for them, leaving cops free to write your a$$ up. :tongue:

·
Registered
381 Posts
ya, i beat my car, lol. But my speed bumps are probably alot different then yours.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
ya, i beat my car, lol. But my speed bumps are probably alot different then yours.
idk.. the ones around here in Florida are about 8" high and 3' wide.. unless you want some airtime and a new set of jeans i suggest you slow down for these babies..

·
Registered
381 Posts
down by future shop we have those, only place in the city. I hit those going 40mph. never again. Most other speed bumps are about 2-3" high and 1' wide.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Linky no worky for me.

3D pictures in the road that look like real debri?Ya thats real safe.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
792 Posts
someone stage a crash and sue the heck out of that city the give the money to tccoa to get all of us a pi swap,just a suggestion

1 - 20 of 31 Posts