TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thats a pretty quick car, but its got a 4v mod motor similar to the ford GT not the 2v 5.4 dumptruck piece.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know but still pretty fast for a 5.4

·
Registered
231 Posts
Word, I love the 5.4 motors. The ford GT is bada$$ they had one at the dealership by my house for a while, junk sounded awesome. I wish there was a decent intake option for the 5.4 2v, I would have one in my bird tomorow.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i know but still pretty fast for a 5.4
what do you mean by fast for a 5.4. Its nowhere near stock, its got the best flowing heads that money can buy, large turbos, and its purpose built. Just because it happens to possess 331CID means nothing.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If one had the right $$$ they could even make a 2V haul. A 2V could flow as much as a 4V if one had the $$$$. But that is just that anyone ever interested in a 5.4L dosent have major funds and or stays naturally aspirated. Im not meaning to stirr up 5.4L trouble just stating that the 5.4l isnt a useless motor

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Word, I love the 5.4 motors. The ford GT is bada$$ they had one at the dealership by my house for a while, junk sounded awesome. I wish there was a decent intake option for the 5.4 2v, I would have one in my bird tomorow.
Well tech is finally catching up to the 5.4L. There is a 2V intake for it and it has been shipping for a few weeks now. HPS makes the intake. It has runners that are about 10" long and people are just getting some preliminary dyno numbers for them.

This intake along with some of the new heads coming out like trick flow et al and custom cams just may allow the engine to compete with the 4.6L.

Everybody here knows my engine dynoed around 240HP with my long runner weld slag riddled intake. About 10 HP less than Steves (256 HP) best stock PI head 4.6L (that had better cams) but higher than most 4.6L's except for KD & JL awesome ported head/ transmission top secrete combos. I will not linger here much.

Anyway here are some initial dyno number I found:
MODS:
2003 - 5.4L SOHC with 12k miles
VT Stage 1 cams
C&L Upper Intake Plenum
HPS 5.4L SOHC intake
Accufab 75mm TB
Custom tune by Brian at Dynotune Motorsports.
Stock headers
Bassani X-pipe
Dynomax Ultraflow Cat Back

The first run looks like it had a stock dumptruck intake. The second run is with the 5.4L SOHC dumptruck HPS intake.

The above is the closest 5.4L NA match to Steves old 4.6L SOHC engine below.

This is the first and more will come. I expect to see higher numbers later...
2009 could be the year of the dumptrucks? :eek:

If this thread gets flamed more info for thunderbird will be here. I will keep gathering dyno and track times as they come out.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats a nice gain

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
but higher than most 4.6L's except for KD & JL awesome ported head/ transmission top secrete combos.
dude, both KD and JL have posted their EXACT engine combinations MULTIPLE times, hell even exactly flow #s for the heads they are using/have used..what exactly are you trying to prove by saying they have "top secrete combos"?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
It should not be here.. MOD.. Please move to Misc...

IN the future, if you want to post stuff like this, goto Miscs forums..

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i opened the thread looking for a 7 second dump truck:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i opened the thread looking for a 7 second dump truck:rolleyes:
Sorry man hope this one helps its not a dump truck but a turbo diesel dragster haha
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3e6Z_cLDe7k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3e6Z_cLDe7k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PaxJxEyxKGQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PaxJxEyxKGQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
fing awsome!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
theres more on youtbe even one that does run 7s at 189mph

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
If one had the right $$$ they could even make a 2V haul. A 2V could flow as much as a 4V if one had the $$$$.

More useless drivel from this guy, now he thinks a 2V head is going to flow what a Ford GT head does. Still a dreamer, living in fantasyland.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
what exactly are you trying to prove by saying they have "top secrete combos"?
He's just bitter, and has been for years. Now a 260RWHP 5.4 is earthshaking I see, too bad bone stock 4.6 2v engines make 240, not needing any of those aftermarket parts he listed, and would top the 260 if they had them.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
He's just bitter, and has been for years. Now a 260RWHP 5.4 is earthshaking I see, too bad bone stock 4.6 2v engines make 240, not needing any of those aftermarket parts he listed, and would top the 260 if they had them.
Is there a combo for a 5.4 that would ever make it worth the trouble of putting in a bird?

My guess is no for the simple matter of space restrictions either engine bay or hood.

·
Super Moderator
16,747 Posts
No, the only one that fits is the 2V version which offers no potential with the exception of with stump pulling torque. the other choice is the lightning motor, which sits a hair under the height of the roof.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts