TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a duralast battery and its leaking acid.. it says 3 years free replacemnt and 8 year prorated. the guy at autozone said they wont replace it cuzz i bought the car with the battery, is there any way to get it replaced without paying full price?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
first this is why i dont like shopping there, second, did you talk to a manager or just one of the dumb-*** behind the counter. i also would try to go to another location and try there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill go to the other one tommrow

·
Registered
498 Posts
Take it out, take it inside and put it up on the counter....make sure you get battery acid everywhere. Ask for your new battery.

PS. Make sure you get a can of battery terminal cleaner. It'll neutralize the acid so it wont eat your car anymore than it has. And please, follow the instructions on the can.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'am with wkenneth. It sounds like a plan to me.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dump the duralast and get an Interstate...awesome cranking power even in sub freezing temps.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
just remember to make a big fuss about it especially if they cant find your name in the system...

then just dont go to that particular store anymore :D

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I picked one up from a parking lot one nite while i was out partying. This size battery wasnt the one i had bought and they wouldnt give it to me. i dont have the nerve like my dad ... he came back an hour later with a new battery.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I ONLY by batteries from carquest, I've never had one die within 8 years of purchase, I always end up replacing them at around 9 years just for preventive maintenence.

They also NEVER leak or "weap" around the top like alot of batteries do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts