TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wanting to know if someone could give me some ideas of how to paint or dye my interior parts such as console, and dash pieces. whats a good dye or paint to use and how do you get it to look good

·
Registered
2014 Escape SE 2.0 AWD
7,557 Posts
Use The Search Button I Have Explained It Many Times Over For People.
Ditto.

if you just want to refresh the color and keep them textured I would use SEM products. Automotive paint store will carry them.

if you want them shiny and smooth, thats a whole other deal.
SEM is AWESOME! I used that stuff on a friend's center console on his Alero. Nobody had painted an interior before, so they just started spray painting...ya...

So he got some SEM paint, I chipped off what I could of the old paint, just some around the edges, and when it dried, I was able to scrape the rest of the old paint off and it didn't damage even a little bit of the SEM stuff. Great product. I'd highly recommend it.

As far as painting hard plastic with regular paint, as with any painting, you want to sand and clean the surface, then add an adhesion promoter/etching spray before you paint.

Bro's car, he used adhesion promoter and automotive paint:

What a ricer! :tongue:

With regular paint, there has been a lot of maintenance. Having to touch up the paint every few months or every other year.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
a good clear coat would remedy that... and a good prep job... the green is fugly.. but a nice choice on paint locations. and mt. dew cans are the ULTIMATE accessory. they add more HP than stickers.

·
Registered
2014 Escape SE 2.0 AWD
7,557 Posts
Green interior to go with green exterior. I thought it looked nice. Better than the rest of the Cavalier guys he was friends with. This car was first completed about 5-6 years ago.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
maybe if the interior was a really dark pearlescent green? and to the person that started this thread, there is another thread i posted about methods of removing the rubber crap.. jsut use the search button.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
... *looks around* me???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.