TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really REALLY want us to get together and have a dyno day / tune at one of the places in Louisville. I think it'd be a great thing as we can get tuned at the same time and get some increased performance. We could go to Ohio Valley afterwards, it'd be sweet :)

Crown Vic guys are of course welcomed too :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Haha, I don't think I could put up with the disappointing numbers! If I get a MAF and a chip before then, I will consider doing the tune.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean even with a stock car a dyno tune would help TREMENDOUSLY!!

It'd be like night and day!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sounds like a good deal (depending on the cost). I'm a cheapie, I know. Hey how much is it costing you to overhaul the tranny and where are you having it done?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dirtyd0g is doing it.

I am going to Cinci to get it done. 2800 Stall rebuilt TC, J-Mod, and getting some of the parts replaced (O/D Band, Clutches, etc.).

Its gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Gonna run about $900, maybe a little less.

Your vid was sweet btw.

·
Registered
513 Posts
i would like to go, i will need my a/f checked before i give it nitrous

·
Registered
310 Posts
John, so how much did it end up costing you? How long did it take as well? The video you took as a result of your mods.....very, very nice! Your exhaust sounds raw! Great job with the car so far - I'm jealous.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unherd said:
John, so how much did it end up costing you? How long did it take as well? The video you took as a result of your mods.....very, very nice! Your exhaust sounds raw! Great job with the car so far - I'm jealous.
Thanks buddy, it taken a long time to finally get things moving, I saved for awhile just to get those 2 mods.. Now that the BIG ones are done (Rims, Exhaust, Tranny) I can move to more smaller ones..

:)

P.S. $860 for everything...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sounds like fun!! I know of a place just across the muddy water in New Albany, In. of a dyno shop, 10 min. from Downtown Louisville. This is where I get my SuperCoupe dynoed. It is called Clemens Performance and they charge 50 bucks for 3 runs, but that is with no tuning though. But I have asked him once before about renting him out for like a couple of hours, and he said That would be no problem for him. He said if I'm not mistaking, something like 100 bucks an hour. He is a nice guy, is name is Josh clemens. He and his Dad own an Awesome shop up on Grant Line Rd.
As the time nears, I'll ask on this through Josh for a possible dyno/tune day with a better idea on amount of MN12's/FN10's that want to do this.

Sounds Great!

Jeff B.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts