TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the dyno 7/11/05, at Ramseys... and lots of questions , few answers.....
First of all we pulled her useing the base tune without snow injection and the stock blower pulley. The only changes were ; increased exhaust , cat back from 2.5 inches to 3 inches, hogged out the cast iron exhaust manifold collectors, and changed upstream 02 sensors (original Ford, from Dan Newman)... Much to our amazement, the car lost about 15 hp, and 15 ft.lbs....the file indicated that the thing was richer than the original set up....Fiddling with AFR, and such brought her up to the orig 293-295 hp config base street tune with the addition of the smaller pulley...that brought boost back up to 6lbs corrected.... should be about 1.5 lbs more.......In disgust we just re did the perf. tune without pushing it too hard and gained about 8 hp/ft lbs from the last tune, penuts compared to what I was looking for.
With a stock 95 tranny with some issues, and more questions than answers, we called it a day, early......
will I go back to the 2.5 inch ? Maybe, some day , but not now. I have some other projects in mind, and want to enjoy the sound for a while first. Right now I have more questions than answers, and havent been to the strip since April, so I guess thats next..... ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
hmmm so it looks like the 2.5 inch is a pretty good option vs going crazy with the 3 inch. Good info!!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, at least for my setup, but remember, my Cats are the Dynotech metal matrix Power Cats on 2.5 down tubes, so a lotta back pressure from 'normal' hi-flo cats is eliminated, and my valves are relatively smallish versus the volume being pumped thru.... its all about a 'tuned exhaust', for your engine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts