TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... heard an ad for this shop on the radio here and thought I'd check out the best (and worst) that Dothan has to offer tonight.

I think the price I heard was $55 for two pulls. Before you ask, no, I'm not going to dyno the rental car. :tongue:

I'll snap a few pictures and take notes of the numbers. I've got my GoPro with me I may shoot some basic videos but I won't be able to upload anything until I get a decent internet connection. The hotel wi-fi is horrible.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
With HP like yours, Modularbird's, and TM's the DR's help you not to get wheel spin or "slippage" on the dyno roller IIRC

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, just a dyno run-whatcha-brung, put some numbers up ...

No need for DR's on the dyno. To bad you couldn't make it. That is a long drive for you down herer though. I'll see what's going on and let you guys know. It may be a wash with only one or two people showing up. Who knows... :zdunno:

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boring.

I watched them run a Corvette that put in the best numbers of the night. (Somewhere north of 600 HP) It was a twin-turbo version that one of the Chopper pilot students from Ft. Rucker owned. He was a really cool guy and said that he'd picked the car up off of Ebay from some dot com millionaire in California for a really good price.

The next car they put on the dyno that night was a ragged out ricer that barely made 100 hp. The thing was smoking like a freight train from oil leaks and I was just waiting for the engine to blow but it didn't happen. I was really disappointed.

The next car they put on the dyno was a run of the mill Mustang with all kinds of Summit add-ons. It looked like crap and ran just the same.

They put another Mustang on the dyno after that and took forever to strap it down. I got tired of waiting and left.

·
Administrator
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They had a decent turn out. They may have dynoed six cars that night.

No, I didn't dyno my own car. I was in town on business and had a rental car. My car stays at home in Charlotte when I travel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.