TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my stock 97 LSC to the dyno last night and thought I would post some numbers (he emailed me the .bmp files, but I can’t open them for some reason so I’ll have to have them send them again before I can post the chart)

These were taken on a Dynojet Chassis Dynometer with the rpms from about 3600 – 6000.

Anyway here are some numbers:

Max Power: 209.4
Max Torque: 217.3

And to prove that these things run rich at wot:
A/F ratio: 10 :eek: **cough** **cough**

This is a bone stock 97 Mark VIII LSC with 102K miles on it. I haven’t even removed the silencer yet. It probably needs a tune up (plugs) and another good cleaning with SeaFoam. And with those miles I’d suspect that the spray pattern of the injectors probably isn’t the best.

I feel these numbers are a little low compared to what these are supposed to be rated at. (280 HP and 285 Torque, I think) I know there’s a lot of loss through the transmission, but is it that much?

Just thought everyone would be interested. :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Tune up.

My 97 LSC hit 223.9 HP and 224.6 TQ during a 2nd gear run.
Maybe yours only runs rich at WOT.
My A/F was around 12.3 from 3000 to just under 12 at 4000, worst of about 11.6 at 4500 and back up to 12 from 5500 til the rev limiter.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
I think drivetrain loss is about 15 - 20%... I would get new plugs, wires, seafoam through the intake, check for vacuum leaks, take it to a shop and get the injectors cleaned, etc. Your mark should be making alot more than that!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Do the Jerry Mod (shift improver) to the tranny :ztoohot:
and go to 3.73 gears for quicker acceleration - Take advantage of
what HP you have :)

Curt

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wkenneth said:
Tune up.

My 97 LSC hit 223.9 HP and 224.6 TQ during a 2nd gear run.
Maybe yours only runs rich at WOT.
My A/F was around 12.3 from 3000 to just under 12 at 4000, worst of about 11.6 at 4500 and back up to 12 from 5500 til the rev limiter.
Thanks for those numbers! From what I've gathered I'm pretty close. Some of the people on the Mark VIII board have been getting around 210 on multiple 97/98 LSC's. But others have been getting around 225.

I'll pop in some new plugs, clean the MAF, and have the injectors cleaned and see it that takes me any higher.

Based on the A/F mixture, I'm going to guess that I have some dirty injectors that aren’t atomizing the fuel very well and I'm not getting an efficient combustion. But that’s just a guess.

My next vehicle to dyno is the T'Bird. I wonder what it will look like with the mods I have and 265K miles. :leftright:

Hopefully I’ll break 100 hp at the wheels. :rofl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts