TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm not too happy with this, but I pulled 198.3hp and 241.1tq at the wheels on a dynojet. THIS WAS IN 2nd GEAR. my speed limiter wasnt removed, so i hit it while the hp was still climbing, so we just trashed that graph. The guy said I could prolly get 15-20 more if I removed the limiter, which would get me to around 220, which is what i was hoping for. Oh well..here's the graph.

anyone wanna guess what happened here? the winner gets a cookie. Allen, you cant answer ! ;)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The only power you have liisted are PI cams, pullies and exhaust. Given that yout a/f ratio is quite lean, I'd say the engine is fine. The numbers are lower ecause it was done in 2nd, I was told about 3%.

Get a PI intake and a tune, 220rwhp won't be a problem.

The second graph looks like it shifted from 2nd to 3rd.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Here's mine.
Linky
It's about 10 megs.

My scanner is a piece of junk so here's my sheet...with some translation.
Max power - 221.4
Max torque - 309.6
A/F hovers between 10 and 11 after 3400 rpm
I was hoping for a little more but this was the first time it has been on a dyno and I didn't have much of a frame of reference. Oh, and it was HOT in the shop too.

Don't make fun of my broken scanner!!!!!

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
No doubt.

I feel violated being around all the rice...

:ztoohot:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol yeah...i wouldnt mess with some of those cars tho :eek:

the guys at alternative are cool tho..its an import shop, but they dont seem offended by us bringing our cars there and they dont put it down, and they all seem to know their stuff.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
The guy that owns the place is a real racer, he was racing Mustangs back in the day. He just got into racing imports, and I wouldn't call him a ricer, his Civic would smoke any car here on the boards, last time I talked to him, he was running 8's in the quarter. They build some kickass imports there, Wes was witness to the 700+ HP Supra that was on the dyno last time we were there. He's got a nice shop, keeps it clean, and caters to the rice, but hey, that's where the money is right now. Especially around OKC. He's a good guy to talk to, and trust me, he knows his stuff when it comes to domestics as well, he still holds a couple records at TVRP with his old domestic cars.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Are you talking about Chuck? He is a cool guy. He did my friends prelude motor swap in his '93 civic and that thing runs good. 14.5 on 14" tires and open differential.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
hey.. if it was a dynojet.. a lot of them take into account the surroundings, air pressure, humidity, etc etc

·
Registered
921 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
The guy that owns the place is a real racer, he was racing Mustangs back in the day. He just got into racing imports, and I wouldn't call him a ricer, his Civic would smoke any car here on the boards, last time I talked to him, he was running 8's in the quarter. They build some kickass imports there, Wes was witness to the 700+ HP Supra that was on the dyno last time we were there. He's got a nice shop, keeps it clean, and caters to the rice, but hey, that's where the money is right now. Especially around OKC. He's a good guy to talk to, and trust me, he knows his stuff when it comes to domestics as well, he still holds a couple records at TVRP with his old domestic cars.
This is unacceptable! Everyone pool your money to Mike Siska, his car needs to lose some weight and we need to put it on the "lose 1000 pounds in 3 days" plan!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts