TCCoA Forums banner

Dyno Results from New Build

12K views 69 replies 18 participants last post by  MikeB 
#1 ·
Finally got the new combination tuned, and the results did not disappoint: 540 RWHP @ 6200 RPM and 492 RWTQ @ 5000 RPM. This was at 13 psi boost and 11.6 AFR, with tuning handled by Walsh Motorsports in Wixom, MI. For comparison, the old SVO-based setup produced 375 RWHP and 415 RWTQ.

The parts I used for the rebuild were:
Teksid block with Big Bore kit (same as before)
Forged rods and pistons (same as before)
Forged crankshaft
9.5:1 static CR
MHS Stage 2 PI heads with +1mm SS valves
MHS Stage 2.5 PI cams
Tork Tech Terminator GT kit
VMP TVS2300 supercharger
Accufab oval TB
60# Siemens Deka injectors
SCT BA-2600 MAF
Boost-A-Spark and Boost-A-Pump

I worked on this update from right after returning from the Epic Drive until now. Would love to do some spirited driving, and better yet visit a dragstrip, but winter has arrived early in Michigan and the car needs to go to storage very soon.

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats, can't wait to hear you smoked a modern Mustang.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have the smaller diameter Kooks with the 2.5” collector (I think 1-5/8” tubes).

There is a particular modern Mustang I intend to smoke when conditions are right: my son’s 2015 GT Performance Pack which has been thoroughly modified but is still naturally aspirated. That car runs consistent 12.2 quarters. I’m hoping to run very low 11s, maybe even a 10.9 on drag radials.

#12 ·
Big bore + Stroke = :D

I have the smaller diameter Kooks with the 2.5” collector (I think 1-5/8” tubes).

There is a particular modern Mustang I intend to smoke when conditions are right: My son’s 2015 GT Performance Pack which has been thoroughly modified but is still naturally aspirated. That car runs consistent 12.2 quarters. I’m hoping to run very low 11s, maybe even a 10.9 on drag radials.
You'll easily smoke that Mustang. Shame on you for picking on your son. (LOL)

Low 11's or a 10.9 are easily within the realm of possibility for your build.

#8 ·
This is through the 4R70W. I ended up not doing the manual swap this year. Made that decision on mid-July when I realized very little had actually gotten done by then.

#10 ·
I bought the Teksid block off eBay about 11years ago. It was from a late Mark VIII (96-98, can’t remember which year). I looked at stroking or boring for more displacement, and the recommendation from the guy who was going to build my short block was to go with the Big Bore kit from Dalton. That cost more than a stroker crank setup, but was supposed to be better for piston strength and ring sealing. I’ve had no issues with it whatsoever over 11years and about 19,000 miles of operation.

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Trunk,

No problemo! Somebody suggested to me that I should pack up the T-Bird and head South in search of an open dragstrip. Sounded like fun , but we've got a bunch of things going on this month, in December, and into the rest of the Winter.

BTW, I have a scan of the dyno graph, if somebody can help me figure out how to post it!

#18 ·
Select "GO ADVANCED" and you can drag and drop the dyno graph into the "Drag and Drop File Upload" box.

I think you can also use this feature from the basic posting box. Just look for the "Drag Files Here to Attach" box.

Simple as that.

#20 ·
That's a NICE torque curve, IMO!

RwP

#24 ·
Justin at Walsh does a good job tuning. They use SCT software these days. The car was tuned with Diablosport previously, but apparently that company doesn’t support chips anymore.

#26 ·
I'd look at what the later ones used, like the Cobra, and see if it can fit.

I can't wait to hear results!

:grin2:

#27 ·
Speaking of "hearing the results", when I observed the final dyno pull on Tuesday, the exhaust sound from my car was noticeably louder than it had been with with the old setup. I guess that makes sense, since the new heads, cams and blower are processing a LOT more air than the old ones did!

#28 · (Edited)
The plan for today is to (very carefully) drive the car home from the dyno shop, unload it, clean it, and drive it to winter storage. We do have dry roads today, but the high this afternoon will be in the mid 30s, so great caution will be required!

Well, I got three of those four things done yesterday. Walsh wanted to keep the car through the day to refine cold start and drivability. Did not get to fine tune transmission parameters - that will have to wait until the spring. The calibration felt pretty smooth on the drive home. Anyway, the car is finally clean and ready to go to winter storage. But, the roads here are now icy, so it'll have to wait for a dry road day hopefully in the near future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.