TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i posted this on MD as well, but for those of you that dont visit there, here ya go:

My first dyno was in june, and my chip still had the speed limiter, so i had to dyno it in in second gear. I pulled 198hp and 241tq.

Today, I added an 03 GT MAF and had some more tuning done, and ended up with a conservative 211.1hp and 264.5tq. We could have gotten more with more timing and a diff a/f, but this would be a lot more safe, or so I'm told. I was hoping for more, but i'll take this...and it definitely pulls a lot harder now :)

graph

14ish mb video

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
wes what does your exhaust consist of?...reason i ask is because i see your HP curve trails off almost exactly like mine around 5.4-5.5k RPMs, where as some of the mustang guys that have done the PI intake/cams swap make more power and slightly further along the RPM band, and i'm guessing that the better exhaust systems available for the GTs have something to do with it

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my exhaust is probably causing me to lose some torque, but it consists of no cats, 2.25" pipe off the manifolds into a dual in/out magnaflow 4x9x14 tru x muffler, dual 2.25" pipe ran to the rear differential and turned down.

and if the video still doesnt work for you all, go here and click on the "thunderbird dyno nov11"

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seems like it is yahoo thats messed up right now... I cant even get into my briefcase atm.

wait a lil while, then see if this works...go to "car" in the list, then "thunderbird dyno nov11"

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
I was a little disappointed in my numbers (see signature) 2 years ago in March. I had new PI heads and cams, pulleys and stock exhaust. I also asked for a very conservative tune with no timing advance because I only drive the car during summer months and was having pinging problems even on 93 octane gas. I've since changed to true duals with an X-pipe from the cats back and I bet there's an improvement next time I dyno.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts