TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video of my 91 SC after installing longtube headers, and 3.5" single to dual 3" stainless exhaust. Even with a 3.5" resonator and a pair of 3" mufflers, it's much louder than the old exhaust system.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/racecougar/Car Vids/?action=view&current=Neiberts91SC2-27-08.flv

This link has some pics of the old vs. new exhaust.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95404&highlight=kooks+headers

David

PS: Pulled 427 rwhp 422 rwtq without nitrous.

http://members.tccoa.com/dneibert/dyno022708.jpg

·
Registered
974 Posts
Wow really nice set up. Looks nice and clean.

There any reason why you didn't stay 3.5" all the way back?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
No doubt the best supercoupe I've ever heard.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow really nice set up. Looks nice and clean.

There any reason why you didn't stay 3.5" all the way back?
I did until just before the diff where it split off to dual 3" pipes. If it was run any further back ther wouldn't have been enough room to fit the mufflers without making some real sharp bends in the 3" pipes.

David

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
No doubt the best supercoupe I've ever heard.
What is crazy is that the video doesn't do it justice. It sounds even better in person.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rod,

I guess you should know, since you took the video.

David

·
Registered
974 Posts
I did until just before the diff where it split off to dual 3" pipes. If it was run any further back ther wouldn't have been enough room to fit the mufflers without making some real sharp bends in the 3" pipes.

David
Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to ask why you didn't run the single 3.5" pipe all the way to the rear of the car. I meant run the single 3.5" from the y-pipe all the way to the rear of the car that way you could eliminate the y to the dual 3" pipes. Looks real nice BTW

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the confusion. I was trying to ask why you didn't run the single 3.5" pipe all the way to the rear of the car. I meant run the single 3.5" from the y-pipe all the way to the rear of the car that way you could eliminate the y to the dual 3" pipes. Looks real nice BTW
I never even considered a single 3.5" exhaust, mainly because I think the dual exhaust looks much better.

David

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Click on the last link...

I love the whine on your SC, nice dyno run for sure! Can't wait to see you guys at WSC1!:D

Whats going on with the A/F? Starts at 12.5 and bottoms out at 10 then climbs back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
WOW! Very nice Dave.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
spendy system$$$ looks top notch:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
sounds like your driving a supercharged porsche.. not an SC:eek:.. it sounds badass man:D:D:cool:

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
What exhaust, I don't hear no exhaust.

Sounds and looks good.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Click on the last link...

I love the whine on your SC, nice dyno run for sure! Can't wait to see you guys at WSC1!:D

Whats going on with the A/F? Starts at 12.5 and bottoms out at 10 then climbs back.
Needs some fine tuning....but I think it's maxing out the fuel pump (255 lph high pressure). Switching the exhaust really screwed up the tune, and so far the only adjustments made were by mail using data from road testing with a scanner measuring spark, fuel trims ect..

I turned up the KB boost-a-pump to 10% extra voltage and it made a good improvement to the A/F ratio on the top end. Before doing this exhaust I only needed the extra pump voltage with nitrous.

The more I drive the car the more I regret not using cats. It's not the loudness as much as it is, the mind numbing drone, that gets annoying.

David

1 - 20 of 20 Posts