TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Pulled 456 rwhp on mustang dyno this past Saturday during a dyno competition at a new St. Louis area performance shop (Craven Performance) grand opening. Was good enough for 1st place in the 6 cyl class :D

David

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Nice! I assume that is without the NOS?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! I assume that is without the NOS?
Correct...I ditched the nitrous a couple years ago.

Just a built 4.2 SC motor with a 2.3 whipple through a non locking AOD. It usually pulls about 485 on a dyno jet. Should have a larger throttle body and 4" air intake system on the car later this summer and expect to break 500 rwhp.

David

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Correct...I ditched the nitrous a couple years ago.

Just a built 4.2 SC motor with a 2.3 whipple through a non locking AOD. It usually pulls about 485 on a dyno jet. Should have a larger throttle body and 4" air intake system on the car later this summer and expect to break 500 rwhp.

David
Any reason why you didnt go 4.3 on your built SC block btw thats really a bad 6, 8's can hate LOL.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any reason why you didnt go 4.3 on your built SC block btw thats really a bad 6, 8's can hate LOL.
It's a 4.2 cast truck crank with a 3.8 SC block bored .030 over. Most people are calling that a 4.3, but to get a true 4.3 you need to go .060 over on the bore. That is about the max bore possible and doesn't leave any room for future rebuilds, so for now I'll round it down to 4.2 instead of stretching it to 4.3.

David

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
It's a 4.2 cast truck crank with a 3.8 SC block bored .030 over. Most people are calling that a 4.3, but to get a true 4.3 you need to go .060 over on the bore. That is about the max bore possible and doesn't leave any room for future rebuilds, so for now I'll round it down to 4.2 instead of stretching it to 4.3.

David
Thanks for the info. YOur sh*t is bad to the bone regardless.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was in the background of that video....dark grey shirt with my hand under my chin...LOL

Your car sounded insane in that garage man! Nice numbers.
Thanks, I saw your car parked out on the road (it looked great) but didn't know who you were. Wish you would have came down were we were parked and introduced yourself.

David

·
Registered
43 Posts
Chalk one up for the Thunderbirds,very impressive number. How many and what other cars were in the 6 cyl. class. Congrats on taking first.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Thanks, I saw your car parked out on the road (it looked great) but didn't know who you were. Wish you would have came down were we were parked and introduced yourself.

David
I wanted to. I was only there maybe an hour but the few times I strolled over to the T-birds, nobody was around. Maybe next time. :zbeer:

·
The Parts Guy
7,349 Posts
I wanted to. I was only there maybe an hour but the few times I strolled over to the T-birds, nobody was around. Maybe next time. :zbeer:
We were probably over by the dyno, waiting for David's car to get called up.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chalk one up for the Thunderbirds,very impressive number. How many and what other cars were in the 6 cyl. class. Congrats on taking first.

Don't know. When I signed up there was only one other 6 cyl listed, but I left around 6:30 and the dyno competition kept going till around 9:00. I have no idea what the other cars were. There were several Supras in attendance and I thought one of them would probably beat my numbers, but I guess they didn't.

David

·
Super Moderator
12,423 Posts
Congrats! Way to represent the Tbirds! :zbeer:

Just awesome Dave. It's so impressive getting that kind of HP out of a SC V6.

It sounds great too!

You've got a great car to be proud of there ... :thumbsup:

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,804 Posts
Congrats! Way to represent the Tbirds! :zbeer:

Just awesome Dave. It's so impressive getting that kind of HP out of a SC V6.

It sounds great too!

You've got a great car to be proud of there ... :thumbsup:
What that monkey said:D :zbeer:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts