TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dynomax catback sound clips

I know I mentioned to some I would get some clips of my exhaust. I have the Dynomax catback from summit (199.00) and then some extra pipe and replaced the resonator since the Dynomax kit doesnt come with that part. Also since time does do something to it to let you know it's bin on my car for about 4 months and around 4K miles. I have a 95 4.6 and the mods are below in my sig.

This clip the recording was done on the floor right outside the drivers side door. This clip is my car starting up and then reving to about 4 grand or so.
sound clip 1

This recording was from the floor right in back of my car. It's basicly the car in idle then me reving to 2K then 3K then 4K.
sound clip 2

Now on both of these clips just be aware this is not a loud exhaust. It may seem loud becuase of where the recording was. standing five feet away from the car it doesnt sound loud at all. It does have a nice sound when on the highway driving around 2K or when accelerating it while on the high way to about 3K. For performance I cant realy say since I never dynoed it and all my track racing has been with the exhaust on. I dont think its all that much at all in performance except you can now hear the car better. I'll try to get some track runs on there or something next week.

If anyone else has sound clips why dont you post them in this thread so someone looking for them can come to here and find them all. It would make this thread much more worthy of being around.

take care,
-Shawn

·
Administrator
8,034 Posts
Shawn.....

What did you use to record those clips? If I can figure it out I'll try to put one together for the 3.8 people so they know what it sounds like. Thanks.

Joe

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Sony Mavica digital camera. It can take up to 15 sec video clips with audio.

-Shawn

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Hmm, I like that Shawn. thanx for finally hookin us up! :) Nows its time I got the money together to get me one of those systems...

·
8,239 Posts
I have the same setup as shawn, but he has deleted the resonator. Deleting the resonator makes it sound a bit louder, but alot more "raspy". Shawns car deffinitly has a different tone than my car does. If you are looking for a good sounding high flow exhaust on a budget, then get the dynomax catback, and sell the dynomax superturbo mufflers, and put on a pair of magnaflow's, or borlas.

The stock dynomax system is not loud, nor have i noticed a power gain with it.

JH

·
Registered
970 Posts
on a cat-back exhuast note.

is anyone running a flowmaster cat-back with delta flow 50s?
how does it compare to this?

I'm trying to do some comparison shopping here...

I want a deep mellow tone, very little (if any) interior noise at cruise speeds, and something that'll open up at WOT. If it flows good, that's a plus. (I really dont' think anyone would notice much power gain from just a cat back with 3 cats)

OR, if I were to run 3" from the 3rd cat (expand to 3", then build from there to the engine later) back into 2x2.25", what mufflers would be the way to go with the sound I want. Flowmaster just sounds a little to "hollow"(for lack of better words) to me, but that might end up being the way to go.

-jw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts