TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a dynomax exhaust without mufflers on eBay for $99.00.
Auction # 300330006004.
If anyone is interested

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Found it last night, I was told it's basically no improvement over stock

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
eh i rather just design my own exhaust although the thought was cool.

·
5,650 Posts
Found it last night, I was told it's basically no improvement over stock
That's a lie. Not only is it 2.5" mandrel bent, but it doesn't have the crush point right above where the small brace goes under the intermediate pipe.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
It's a decent system. With the dynomax mufflers it was a little quiet though. I would try and find another center section personally. Then you could cut the 3rd cat out and slightly extend one of the center sections on the dynomax kit and have you'reself a mandrel bent 2.5 inch exhaust for cheap. Well mandrel bent stainless through the gas tank anyway.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
That's a lie. Not only is it 2.5" mandrel bent, but it doesn't have the crush point right above where the small brace goes under the intermediate pipe.
hey master does that bar serve any purpose? m half tempted to just remove it when i finally get around to redoing my exhaust.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
hey master does that bar serve any purpose? m half tempted to just remove it when i finally get around to redoing my exhaust.
like every other brace on the car yes, leave it.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
I have heard but have not witnessed. That if you leave that brace off long enough the tunnel can actually start spreading. So I made up a peace of steal to bolt in there since mine was missing. I'll probably remove it when I put in my subframe connectors.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,469 Posts
I have heard but have not witnessed. That if you leave that brace off long enough the tunnel can actually start spreading. So I made up a peace of steal to bolt in there since mine was missing. I'll probably remove it when I put in my subframe connectors.
I thought your car already had subframe connectors installed? From the set of JL's I looked at they replace that brace all together.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
It was supposed to have them. But they apparently got taken off at some point and never reinstalled. Regardless I don't have them so I ordered a new one from JL... which I need to PM him and see if they got out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts