TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed my Dynomax catback today as my wife thought the Flowmaster Force II was to loud. Opinions were right on the sound of the Dynomax. It is slightly louder than stock. I couldn't tell any difference in power between my Flowmaster catback and the Dynomax. I did notice a stronger midrange and topend when I installe dthe flowmaster verses stock, but flowmaster and dynomax seem to be about the same in power and flow.
When I started it up, my wife grinned. So now she is pleased. When the wife is happy, we are all happy. I will miss the burble of the flowmaster at idle, driving down the road, and the ROAR when I punch the gas. Hopefully the Dynomax will pick up a few decibles when it breaks in.
If anyone is interested in a complete 1.5 year old Flowmaster Force II catback check the sale forum.

-B

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
The Dynomax kit will get slightly louder over time but nothing she shouldnt like.
You posted about it a few weeks ago, right? Glad things worked out with it.

-Shawn

·
Registered
443 Posts
damn...is poontang that hard to get when your married?

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
jim said:
No... It's called keeping your spouse happy, so you can continue modding your car....lest you want to sell your car for a Mini Van :leftright.

·
Registered
443 Posts
yeah but if your wife isnt happy, you aint gonna get no poontang

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I posted a few weeks ago. When my wife said she would never drive a mini van, I knew I had to marry her. I do have to admit the Flowmaster system was a bit loud for long freeway driving. We do a trip to Indiana (14 hours) and several to Charleston and Myrtle Beach SC (3hours). It ain't about the poontang. That's there whenever I want. It's about breakfast, home made lunches to take to work, dinner on the table when I get home, and a whole lot of give and take. I gotta admit, I take a lot more than I give. She's worth parting with a set of Flowmasters. After all, she didn't mind me buying a Dynomax system to repalace it with.

-B

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
jim said:
Yes, unless you are really lucky and married a girl like ThunderB did

·
Registered
294 Posts
After I had my Flowmaster system built my wife said "it's not very loud for the money we spent". I said "well, I could build my own mufflers with internal cutouts" she said..."do it".
She likes it loud!

·
Registered
81 Posts
66dvlbrd68 said:

No... It's called keeping your spouse happy, so you can continue modding your car....lest you want to sell your car for a Mini Van :leftright.

Ah yes, another all knowing spousal unit. I've been using this ploy for 20 years now and has always worked for me. I just put the Dynomax system on my car, so before I buy my chip I will put an exhaust system on the wife's 5.0 Explorer to keep her happy. Works every time and, yes, will probably result in some nookie too. :D

·
2,028 Posts
SOHCammer said:

Ah yes, another all knowing spousal unit. I've been using this ploy for 20 years now and has always worked for me. I just put the Dynomax system on my car, so before I buy my chip I will put an exhaust system on the wife's 5.0 Explorer to keep her happy. Works every time and, yes, will probably result in some nookie too. :D
Heh... thankfully, the little misses doesn't like Mini Vans...I just stated an arbitrary reason to keep the little lady happy.

I do like her idea though, if we need a 'big' type vehicle for the kids, we get a Subaru WRX Wagon... and we'd BOTH be happy with it.

She's been complaining to me about not getting some Borla's on my car yet...so I should probably try to keep her happy, huh. :D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Damn, you gents are lucky fellows!! My wife just bought a Saturn! It is the SC2 which is supposed to be the "sport" version. It runs ok but its a SATURN!!:ztoohot:

·
2,028 Posts
Traveler said:
Damn, you gents are lucky fellows!! My wife just bought a Saturn! It is the SC2 which is supposed to be the "sport" version. It runs ok but its a SATURN!!:ztoohot:
I like the way GM disgraced my avatar by naming a 'safe car' company after it.....

There's a guy in town that prides himself on racing SC2's as an 'import' racer.... yeah...I guess GM's foreign or something....thing is...he's got 4 of them......FOUR freaking cars...all with huge wings and stickers.... makes me want to :zpuke:.

Yeah. I'm pretty lucky, she wants my car to be sorta loud and fast.... and when we get the $$$ for an STi WRX (when she graduates college), then I'll have another car to play with. :)

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Ya, a Subaru sounds good. I like AWD. Also, a FWD 4-door car that's nice is the Contour SVT.

Saturn...hm...I hear they last a long time. That's about it for those.

"Nookie?...When I was young, we used to call it puntang." - brother's friend's dad.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Traveler said:
In her defense, when we met and dated she had a 93 Firebird Formula 350. Probably the quickest car I've ever driven!! Unfortunately the Insurance and gas got to be too much.:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts