TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, do the above mentioned mufflers be a bad idea? I do not care if it is 'too" loud or anything, and I don't care about emissions. I am having my cat's cut off real soon (replaced w/ pipe), so I figure if there is a real cheap, performance mufflers, I could have them installed at the same time (the Dynomax Magnum Bullets being really cheap). I have Flowmasters on now, and I love how it sounds, but I want something better for performance.
Oh, I got true 2.5" duals with 2 stock cats and the 2 Flowmasters right now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What mods have you done to the car??? The reason I ask is that I had a 99gt motor in my car with ALL the bolt ons, PI convertor, ART exhaust , 4.10's and I'm hear to tell ya, when I took my MAC mufflers off and altered the ART to put two bullet mufflers right at the differential, I definitely lost some torque. I probably gained "some" power way up there, but I felt a low end loss. The only way I would put bullets on a non highly modified car is if you retain the cats.

My new motor should like the bullets, but we'll find out shortly....

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was kinda thinking torque loss may be an issue, that's why I wanna try a different muffler (other than Flowmasters). Once it's SC those mufflers might be good... but for now you are probably right.
Any other cheap a$$ muffler good for low end torque?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
if you do that, run cats. you'd still be flowing better than the flowmasters...ironic, huh? :)

the bullets will sound like a severly burned out glasspack with no cats. talk about popping at wot :eek:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you guys think about using the Flowmasters w/ no cats? That weigh I would be reducing the restiveness of the cats, but still have backpressure from thr Flows.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think flows without cats would provide you with what you want. The bullets aren't loud at idle or around town, but lord God they are beyond loud at WOT. For now keep the flows and kill the cats.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I put a race bullet where the resonator used to be on my car, hollowed the cats and ran stainless tailpipes out the back, and it's not too bad cruising around town, sounds good, but on the highway at speeds less than 75, it resonates bad enough to make it feel like your ears are popping. The wife hates it, the kids love it!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts