TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Dynomax Cat-Back exhaust today. What is the pain in the butt factor putting this on, or should i save a headache and just pay someone with a lift to put it on for me??

·
8,239 Posts
real simple deal. Eric G. put mine on in his driveway when it was starting to snow out.

It took us about an hour, just unbolt the exhaust, and bolt on the new one.

If your car has any rust you might run into problems, but I didn't have any trouble.

Hanging the muffs is the toughest part, and making them look even.

JH

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the info.

I wasen't expecting too hard of a time, but I was just making sure everything fits as good as they say it does.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I had trouble getting the stock system off. I wanted the resinator off too because the kit doesnt come with that part. So I bought a small bit of pipe and replaced the resinator with a pipe, then installed the catback from there. I had a exhaust shop cut the stock stuff off for me and get rid of it for $20. Then I just drove it home and installed it. It was pretty easy until I got to the passenger side muffler. It was slightly off and wouldnt go on right. After about 20 minutes of banging around and stuff I got it to fit. So It wasnt too hard but might be slightly fustrating a little at the end. If you absoultley cant do it just put most of the system on. Then try the mufflers. If you cant get one or both of them on you should be able to get a exhaust shop to do it in about 30 minutes and for about $20-30.

good luck
-Shawn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts