TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I've been driving a 1990 F-150 that is laying around at work, and last night I had to park the truck on a hill, so I put the parking brake on.
I go to leave, and it's stuck.
I did the obvious try to go into reverse and hope it snaps back, but no.
What else should I try? Will cutting the e-Brake cable release it?
Also, what is a good way to see which is which, or by feel? I cant SEE which brakes are which, the wheel is in the way, and I cant jack it up, since it's in mud and on a slight hill.
What would I need to cut it, and how can I tell for sure, BY FEEL which cable is which. Brake vs Ebrake
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,485 Posts
Before you go cutting any cables, check to see if the lever came disconnected from the release. If so, you should be able to get a pair of pliers in there and pull on it to release the brake. Cutting the cable would be a last resort, and it might not even work depending on where it is stuck.

Mike

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
release the handle/foot, and just pull on the cables from under the truck. that's how I did it in my bird.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the handle/foot does not release.
The harder I press on the handle/foot it just goes down and down. Although I was able to pull it up a little bit, but not enough.
Sometimes the Parking Brake light is on, sometimes it isn't, but those tires don't move when in Drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts