TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and trying to find out if an E4OD from a 1996 F250 with 460 is a good trans for my car project. It'll be going behind a warmed over 460 in an Infiniti Q45. The 460 will be carbed and make around 550hp. I was planning to use a Baumann controller. Is there any good cheap upgrades to do the the trans such as shift kit? Are there affordable higher stall converters available for it? Would a stock diameter converter be fine for 6500rpm shifts? Would the trans be fine with that?

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
1. Your going to spin a 460 to 6500 rpm?
2. You should go with a built c4, lighter and many more options.

Sounds like you should have one bad @ss car when your done.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I'd seen those Factory Tech valve bodies before and know the Lightning owners use them. I was just kinda hoping there's be something similar to a "Jerry's mod" for my trans that I could do myself. I would use a C4, as they will take the power, but they require frequent rebuilds even with the best parts and they don't have overdrive or a lockup. It'll be a daily driver type of car, not drag race or anything like that. My cam (Comp Xtreme energy 284H) should peak right at 6000rpm. Since I do like to go insanely fast at times, I figure I'll hit 6500rpm more than once as I've heard it's not good to go WOT in overdrive. Is that incorrect? Otherwise it'll be 6000rpm at most. A lot of truck pull guys are spinning 460s to 9000rpm for 20 seconds straight at WOT with factory blocks and cranks. I could go with a '99+ 4r70w at this power level (I'd expect it to last just as well if not better than a C4 and have overdrive), but I already have the E4OD and thought I'd use it if I could. I also wouldn't have to worry about adapting it to the big block (I know the C4 has big block bellhousings). Keep the suggestions and thoughts coming! Thanks.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
warmaster259 said:
1. Your going to spin a 460 to 6500 rpm?
2. You should go with a built c4, lighter and many more options.

Sounds like you should have one bad @ss car when your done.
Except overdrive of course. :thumbsup:

I too am interested in the experts opinion on this tranny since that is what I plan on putting in my truck: Low rpm (5K max), but a roots boosted 472 cu in. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts