TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I’m looking into swapping over to e85 on my svo setup. I’ve been told I can expect a bit more power and Some significant cooling effects. Here is a parts list I’ve thrown together and I’m wondering if it will be sufficient to reach my 400whp. Goals? I think I’ve got it figured out only thing in question for me is the pump. Will this single in take 320lph pump be enough?

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I remember this thread:

I'd call Robert P, and ask him; he might give you a better deal on the parts.

Several people have hit the stock fuel hats' flow limit, and cobra ones are different.

Reactions: Paulyrats

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
+1 for Calling RobertP for the best prices. You can reach him at 910-947-7044.

You don't need a fancy fuel filter, fuel lines, fuel rail or pressure gauge. Save your money. I'm still using the stock filter, lines and rail on my car.

I'm using 60lb injectors and making ~500 HP, make sure the fittings are right. I had to buy JETRONIC to USCAR adapters to connect them.

Bill as SCP has Billet Fuel pressure regulators. I bought one from him. (Save $64 over the one above).

I use a FORE Innovations 405 lph pump.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I 'm doubtful a single 320 lph pump by itself will cut it for E85. I'm using a single 340 lph pump with gasoline, and had to add a KB Boost-A-Pump to support 560 wrhp. You will need roughly the same flow to support 400 rwhp on E85 (400 / 560 = 0.71 X 1.3 = 0.93).

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+1 for Calling RobertP for the best prices. You can reach him at 910-947-7044.

You don't need a fancy fuel filter, fuel lines, fuel rail or pressure gauge. Save your money. I'm still using the stock filter, lines and rail on my car.

I'm using 60lb injectors and making ~500 HP, make sure the fittings are right. I had to buy JETRONIC to USCAR adapters to connect them.

Bill as SCP has Billet Fuel pressure regulators. I bought one from him. (Save $64 over the one above).

I use a FORE Innovations 405 lph pump.
Well that’s good to hear, I’m definitely up for a little savings cause I still have to get my heads & cams. Lol everyone I’ve talked to says you’ll need to upgrade the whole system that why I went all out with everything. But anyways I will call Robert thanks !

I 'm doubtful a single 320 lph pump by itself will cut it for E85. I'm using a single 340 lph pump with gasoline, and had to add a KB Boost-A-Pump to support 560 wrhp. You will need roughly the same flow to support 400 rwhp on E85 (400 / 560 = 0.71 X 1.3 = 0.93).
awesome thanks l, I’ll talk with Robert P and see if he can set me Up with the proper parts!

·
Registered
631 Posts
My 340 pump wasn't enough for about 350 on E85. I kept trying to add fuel but the AFR wouldn't change. It could be other things in the system but I didn't play with it much. I have 80lb injectors and everything else stock. No wire upgrade to the pump.

Also when using a 340 or bigger pump you will need to keep atleast a 1/4 tank of fuel for spirited driving or exit ramps.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to Robert P the other day, he suggested the 465lph. Pump, and I’m gonna go with the 80 lb. injectors, and a adjustable regulator from scp.

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Where's Guitar Maestro when you need him?

:)

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
Hell, I don't even remember. He did replace the pump shortly after I got it installed, the original one took a pump-dump (pun intended) not long after I switched to E85. Unfortunately "Performance Parts" are not warrantied for sh!t so I had to buy another pump. He probably replaced the 405 for the 465 at that time. Anyway, the pump that's in the car now is running great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts