TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got a chance to test my E85 tune for my new motor yesterday. Here are the times.

60 FT 1.74
1/8th ET 8.06
1/8th MPH 84.9x

I was hoping for 7.99 at least but it was extremely hot and the density altitude was above 3400:mad: all night. Plus my alternator is bad and the battery died after the first pass. I had to put it on my buddy's charger in between rounds. I have never ran better than 8.3x at this track before with my old combo at 1000 DA so I am really excited to see what it will do once ironed out a little and some good air comes along.

I need to mess with the shift points to see the affect it has. The 1-2 shift was at 6100 and the 2-3 was at 6000.

I also really need more gear and more stall. I think I should be cutting 1.65 to 1.69 60 foots. I don't think the 3.73's are going to allow it though.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I never thought that when I put your motor in Years ago that itd run that fast N/A. Wow. Thats what I was running last year and im supercharged

·
Super Moderator
12,416 Posts
I never thought that when I put your motor in Years ago that itd run that fast N/A. Wow. Thats what I was running last year and im supercharged
You need a better tune.

BTW. How's the rebuild going?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
agreed that n/a setup would need to be alot more aggressive to out run and svo car, not saying it cant happen but i believe trunk monkey ran in the 7.4x range 1/8 mile, and hans svo setup was in the 7.2x range, like monkey said its in the tune and tires lol

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trust me, I never intended on going this fast when I started out. It sort of became an addiction.

The car runs really good but Trunk Monkey is right. My car was never designed to keep up with an SVO car. I imagine that with some work, your car will be quite a bit faster.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I have the tires. I agree on the tune. The rebuild is moving slowly. Ive been working on my house alot. I think I have the right combination of parts to run times like Ron.

·
Banned
998 Posts
I do not understand how a MN12 with just a PI motor that has no power adder can run 12's?????

I am sure I would be lucky to run high 13's!!!

How is this possible??

Have never heard of this before!!

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I do not understand how a MN12 with just a PI motor that has no power adder can run 12's?????

I am sure I would be lucky to run high 13's!!!

How is this possible??

Have never heard of this before!!
take into consideration of his vehicle being lighter than most.....he has taken at least over 500 lbs off the car. That there is about good for 1/2 a second in the 1/4....at least with my experiance, its easier and quicker to move less weight than more.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Just really really hard to believe.

How in the world do you remove #500 from a car?

I have a daily driver not a sled.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,803 Posts
take into consideration of his vehicle being lighter than most.....he has taken at least over 500 lbs off the car. That there is about good for 1/2 a second in the 1/4....at least with my experiance, its easier and quicker to move less weight than more.

And a very strong tail wind ;)

·
Banned
998 Posts
I really need to get a set of slicks and go to the track now!!

I do not think my car is slow at all!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I wud love to loose 500lbs from my car.. What's all in the interior in your car paintme205?

·
Banned
998 Posts
No more than a milk carton a steering wheel and a seatbelt!! LOL

·
Banned
998 Posts
I guess to each there own. :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The trick to getting a full weight car into the 12's once you have all the bolts on is this:

lightweight wheels and tires with slicks/skinnies (this is worth .2-.3 by itself) and most don't do it.
good tune
and lots of practice.
Bypassing the PS/AC for just the track is worth a little too.

The weight loss helps but I have no doubt my former engine could run a 12.99 at close to full weight. It would just have required a little more effort (namely 4.10-4.30 gears). I ran a 12.78 in bad air (over 1000DA).

As far as my interior, it is pretty sparse.

Drivers seat only and its a lightweight seat
full dash and components underneath including AC/ETC.
no passenger seat or rear seat.
full carpet and sound deadener except for the trunk carpeting.
still have the factory radio but only have two speakers.
Door panels are still complete and intact.

Getting weight off the car isn't that hard, just expensive;)

Alum block
alum DS
alum Differential
Racing seats
fiberglass hood
slicks/skinnies
PBR brakes
x pipe / no cats

That right there is an easy 300-350 pounds pounds.

If your desperate..... Take off the front (didn't do) and rear crash bumpers (did this) and the front swaybar (did this)

I daily drive this car by the way :D I just have a truck to use as well when I need to carry lots of people.

91Bluecoupe,

You need more stall....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts