TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I need to get some rear tires for my 17x9 Cobra R's, and I need something amazing in the rain. I drive on the highway everyday (to and from work).
This summer I plan on doing 4.10's and my Dirty TC, so rain will need to be conquered with these mods.
I have read nothing but great reviews on the Eagle D-1 GS-D3 in the rain, but the price tag scares me.
Are they really worth the extra money? I've also read great reviews about the Falken 451 & 452 in the rain.
I ordered 451's for the front tires, I got an amazing deal on them.
Does anyone have any experience with these? Or can you compare them to another tire?

Oh, anyone run 285/40/17's in the rear? Would these create any fitment issues on the car?

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
By no means, am i running 4.10's or a converter but i can go pretty much wide open in the rain with my 255/45/17 BFG KDW's They slip a little on the shift but other than that, almost perfect.

good tire for like 143 ea, at discount tire.

·
Registered
348 Posts
They are amazing tires wet or dry. Up here they are on the pricey side, but great for the money.
I was going to put a set of those on the rims I ordered, but it would have put the cost up $900 CDN more, so I opted for a set of the Falken 452's...
Do it though if you have the money ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts