TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We just felt a small earthquake at the house - Very unusual for NC. How many of you guys felt that one~!?

They just said on the news it was centered in VA near Washington DC.

5.8 on the Richter scale.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
i thought the a/c was shakin the cielin tiles or somethin here in Lincolnton, NC.
There's a skylight above my head and i thought it was rainin for a min. odd, cause i could've sworn the sun was out.

anyway, my wife calls and says "did you feel that?"

she's in Charlotte and says they felt it.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Felt it here too. I was upstairs and started swinging side to side. I about nearly shat bricks. First thing I did was run downstairs. They are thinking a 6.0 now. Talk about a WTF moment! lol

·
Registered
570 Posts
Felt it in Central NJ. Now upgraded to a 5.9.

I'm going to my other house in VA this weekend, which is 30 miles north of the epicenter, I wonder what I'll find when I get there?

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Well, I'm about 75 miles southeast. I'm sure your house will be fine.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Felt a bit of swaying from the top floor of a 4 story office building in South Charlotte. Everyone was pretty confused! Thought it was a "building issue" haha. Craziness!

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Felt a bit of swaying from the top floor of a 4 story office building in South Charlotte. Everyone was pretty confused! Thought it was a "building issue" haha. Craziness!
NICK!
YOU'RE ALIVE!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
Felt it here in NJ. I wasn't sure if I was getting sick or what, then I look around and everyone else in the office is standing up talking about it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
:tongue:Nope didn't feel it. But if I wait long enough we'll have on of our own.

Pretty rare back east. They say it's about once every 100-200 years. I grew up in Mass and don't ever remember one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Am in NYC today and felt it up 30 stories high.

It was definitely an odd feeling, feeling your chair move from side to side.

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
Are we sure one of the NC crew didn't fire up one of their latest creations? :)

Good to see everyone's ok!

·
Registered
622 Posts
How you guys like our VA style quake? We ok around here. I'm about 70 miles from the epicenter. My brother lives in mineral which is 9 miles from the center, he is ok too. He said more stuff fell of his walls than me.

I was sitting here just got off the phone with a customer and my roll up door started shaking harder and harder. I thought the chinese carryout guy was pushing on it. So I started walking back there then I felt the ground move, then I knew what it was. So I ran back to the front of the shop where my dad is, yelling get the **** out! Right before we got out the door I heard stuff starting to fall of the walls.

I ran around the back of the building to check things out. Went back inside and pulled the convertible mark 8 out incase we had more quakes.

Definatly a different experience. We have quantico marine corp base close to us and they are always blowing things up and the roll up door shakes. So the door shaking didn't bother me at first. It just kept going and going this time.

Found a google map of the center an looks like my brother was about 3 miles due east of the center. DLF you should be ok, maybe some stuff on the floor that shouldn't be there.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My cats were goin nuts lol I had a picture fall off the wall thats about it. I also thought the marine base were blowin stuff up but after a few seconds I knew what it was as well. Pretty crazy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts